Mono.dll caused an access violation in module mono.dll

Hi all, the game crashed this morning, and the log said that mono.dll caused an access violation in module mono.dll. I think it's a memory issue, like the game running out of memory or something. These are the mods I've got installed: BDArmory, DEMV Mk4 & Mk5 rovers, Fantom Works KAX expansion, FuelTanksPlus, KAX, KASA (Warpship), KAS, KIS, Kerbaltek (HyperEdit, cheaty but whatever!) Kerbonov, KWRocketry, LLL, Infernal Robotics, Mark IV Spaceplane System, Modular Rocket Systems, KSP Interstellar and Interstellar Extended, TextureReplacer, Planetary Base Inc, SciFi Shipyards, TweakScale, and UKS/MKS, AES, HERP, and PackRat from UmbraSpaceIndustries. Is that too many mods? Might too many mods be causing the issue? Unfortunately for the crash, it didn't produce an output_log, only an 'error' file and a crash.dmp file.

17 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

if there's no output_log.txt, could you post your KSP.log? You might have incompatible mods installed (1.2.2 mods in a 1.3 game will cause crashes every time)

For the crash, I only got an error_log and a crash.dmp. The error_log told me that mono.dll caused the violation. Anyway, I'll upload the log to dropbox. Here it is.

4 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

For the crash, I only got an error_log and a crash.dmp. The error_log told me that mono.dll caused the violation. Anyway, I'll upload the log to dropbox. Here it is.

error log isn't useful in diagnosing the problem (mono.dll crashes are caused by mods). The game should generate a ksp.log and an output_log.txt every time it runs regardless of crashing.

The Logs
These are text files that the game spits out for debugging purposes as it runs; if something broke horribly in-game, there will be something in here about it. You should upload the entire log as a file (i.e. not to pastebin); you can use dropbox or an equivalent host to upload the file. Make sure the entire file gets uploaded; you may have to zip it first, as logs can be very long. Here is where you can find the log:

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit) or %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:44 PM, TheRagingIrishman said:

error log isn't useful in diagnosing the problem (mono.dll crashes are caused by mods). The game should generate a ksp.log and an output_log.txt every time it runs regardless of crashing.

Right, I went into KSP_Data, and found the output log. Check it out here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.