Where can i find contracts?

DeadJoe

Sorry I'll make things a bit clearer.

With the contracts packs there is a natural progression to them, but being that i prefer sandbox, I'm just looking for the same thing but in written form. Basically, an itinerary of sorts of missions to do from launch first vessel to building bases on other planets and everything in between. 

I thought I'd find something like this in the Challenges & Mission ideas section but there doesn't seem to be anything that comprehensive in there.

Basically looking for structure to the game while in sandbox.

Edited by DeadJoe

21 minutes ago, DeadJoe said:

Sorry I'll make things a bit clearer.

With the contracts packs there is a natural progression to them, but being that i prefer sandbox, I'm just looking for the same thing but in written form. Basically, an itinerary of sorts of missions to do from launch first vessel to building bases on other planets and everything in between. 

I thought I'd find something like this in the Challenges & Mission ideas section but there doesn't seem to be anything that comprehensive in there.

Basically looking for structure to the game while in sandbox.

Interesting idea.  I suppose it's something I actually do when starting a new game, but never write it down.

You could play on contract mode but use the debug menu to give yourself lots of money and science. That would allow you the freedom of building whatever you want but still have the guidance of the contracts.

8 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

Interesting idea.  I suppose it's something I actually do when starting a new game, but never write it down.

Same, might just have to bite the bullet and do it myself. Was just wondering if someone had already done it

8 hours ago, tomf said:

You could play on contract mode but use the debug menu to give yourself lots of money and science. That would allow you the freedom of building whatever you want but still have the guidance of the contracts.

I have tried that but end up with a whole bunch of missions I don't want to partake in. That and for some reason I completed the leave atmosphere and  make first orbit missions, but  the launch first vessel won't complete. So it won't unlock the following missions. Weird

Edited by DeadJoe

Many versions ago, before contracts, I wrote out a series of missions that I would have expected a space program to complete, each leading to the next.  This roughly mirrored the US / USSR development timeline (suborbital leads to orbital, orbital leads to Mun /Minmus, probe before manned etc) up to the development of the ISS, except for a Station on Minmus following the Minmus landing.  Following the lessons learned from the Minmus station and the ISS, a Duna mission was constructed and sent, followed by a Duna Station.

All in all, writing out the logical missions one following the other took about an hour, about two pages, about 50 missons or so, so that you couldn't take shortcuts but was actually quite a fun interesting project on it's own.

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Campaigns

This is probably quite outdated at this point, but I think this sort of thing is what you're looking for. I started playing through it a couple of years ago, and had a great time. Unfortunately my save got corrupted at some point. :( Perhaps I'll have to start playing through them again, or writing my own campaign.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.