Why dont i get Science Points from Contracts?

At first: Sorry for my bad english (..)

Dear KSP Community,

I'm new to KSP and making my steps in the Carrier Mode (Normal Difficulty, newest Steam version, no mods)

There are a lot of Contracts where it is displayed, that you get as example 6 Science Points for completion. 

Why? Do i have to do something special to get these Contract Science Points? Do i have to complete these Contracts in the first attempt? (I use revert flight when i crash)

Thanks for you help

You do not need to complete it in one attempt. You can try as many times as you like.
But the reward is ONLY given on contract completion. When you 'revert flight' you're returned to a previous point in time. At that point your contract has not yet been completed and the rewards are not given.

If for example you need to return something to Kerbin you will need to land and then recover the vessel. (The green bar in the pull down menu above the altimeter.) Only then will the contract be completed and you'll receive your reward.

6 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

You do not need to complete it in one attempt. You can try as many times as you like.
But the reward is ONLY given on contract completion. When you 'revert flight' you're returned to a previous point in time. At that point your contract has not yet been completed and the rewards are not given.

If for example you need to return something to Kerbin you will need to land and then recover the vessel. (The green bar in the pull down menu above the altimeter.) Only then will the contract be completed and you'll receive your reward.

Thanks for your answer. I always recover the vessel. The Contract is completed after it. I also can see it in the Mission Control -> archive, that i completed the contract. But i still dont get the science reward

After you recover the craft what does the mission summary say? (Some screenshots would be helpful.)

And do you have any strategies in place from the administration building. It's possible the :science: reward IS given but immediately converted into  :funds: or :rep:.

There is no special notification that you are getting the points. They just show up in your counter. As Tex_NL says -- we would need a before and after picture of your screen, and a picture of the "Science" tab of your Mission Summary window, to understand what is happening for you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.