DJ Reonic

Has anyone tried hot-staging in KSP? Is it even possible to do without destroying the rocket trying to do it? I've been trying to get something working with Tantares, but I keep blowing stuff up. I'm thinking of just using MM configs to edit Max temps and such on the proper parts. Any ideas?

Edited by DJ Reonic

3 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

Has anyone tried hot-staging in KSP? Is it even possible to do without destroying the rocket trying to do it? I've been trying to get something working with Tantares, but I keep blowing stuff up. I'm thinking of just using MM configs to edit Max temps and such on the proper parts. Any ideas?

I wonder if it would be possible to add a heat shield to at lest temporarily keep stuff from exploding. Never played with tantares though....

16 hours ago, qzgy said:

I wonder if it would be possible to add a heat shield to at lest temporarily keep stuff from exploding. Never played with tantares though....

I'm going to try doing that along with some offsetting, to see if i can come up with something. I'll try using Smart Parts to control the staging.

16 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

I'm going to try doing that along with some offsetting, to see if i can come up with something. I'll try using Smart Parts to control the staging.

The part module you need is Stager,  I can't test this because as usual I am at work :wink:

I would try copying a decoupler and see if it works. 

@PART[somepartnameHere]:NEEDS[SmartParts]:FINAL

{

MODULE

{

name = Stager

activationPercentage = 0.01 // not sure if this is 1 or 0.01 as a percentage

monitoredResource = LiquidFuel

group = 0

}

}

GEH. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.