SCJ-200

After pre-release of the Mk2 parts, SCJ quickly pre-ordered them and threw(quite literally) together the SCJ-200! comes complete with 2 panther engines.

jnzvqWd.png

other stuff: i know its 11:30 eastern time but i needed to put this out today because i go on summer vacation soon. and because i did that i had to rush a bit. im working on SCJ-300 and i have pictures of the original so it wont take long. The SCJ squad will be only using Panther and Whiplash engines for supersonicyness. 

EDIT PLEASE READ:because i cant edit the craft file now that its posted, remember to bring the delta wing back and bring the gear just behind the CoM. If you want it to fly like an f-16 fighter jet then you can add canards

Download:https://kerbalx.com/Jeb12345/SCJ-200

Edited by Jeb12345
Pereon told me that it needing editing with CoL and CoM

Some constructive criticism here, the way your plane flies in my game might not be same due to some mods like SMURFF but here are some things I noticed.

Your craft was quite flip happy because the CoL is above and behind the CoM when it's perfectly flat but when you pitch up the CoL deviates (I will show in pic below), also the landing gear is way too back the CoM which makes it hard to take off and makes the flipping quite drastic on take off.

pCyJAMK.png

So when the plane pitches up this is what happens to the CoL. It causes it to flip due to the CoL being in front of the CoM

g9LvR4B.png

It's pretty unstable

So the quick fix to this is, since it's a Delta Wing configuration, I suggest you pull it waaay back, and pull the wheel more to the front for better takeoff, and add a canard for more stability and maneuvrability. 

So you see here, when the plane pitches up, the CoL doesn't go in front of the CoM which makes it flip. The Canards are tilted upward in order to not disturb the air flow of the delta wing.

tkc10YM.png

The intakes are also adjusted to the engine. 

It can pull11 Gs no problem, no flipping too.

HmCn0Wf.png

Just my two cents here, and I provided you a suggestion on how to fix it, so I hope I dont come off as rude lol

Edited by TheDARKOMETER

3 hours ago, TheDARKOMETER said:

Some constructive criticism here, the way your plane flies in my game might not be same due to some mods like SMURFF but here are some things I noticed.

Your craft was quite flip happy because the CoL is above and behind the CoM when it's perfectly flat but when you pitch up the CoL deviates (I will show in pic below), also the landing gear is way too back the CoM which makes it hard to take off and makes the flipping quite drastic on take off.

pCyJAMK.png

So when the plane pitches up this is what happens to the CoL. It causes it to flip due to the CoL being in front of the CoM

g9LvR4B.png

It's pretty unstable

So the quick fix to this is, since it's a Delta Wing configuration, I suggest you pull it waaay back, and pull the wheel more to the front for better takeoff, and add a canard for more stability and maneuvrability. 

So you see here, when the plane pitches up, the CoL doesn't go in front of the CoM which makes it flip. The Canards are tilted upward in order to not disturb the air flow of the delta wing.

tkc10YM.png

The intakes are also adjusted to the engine. 

It can pull11 Gs no problem, no flipping too.

HmCn0Wf.png

Just my two cents here, and I provided you a suggestion on how to fix it, so I hope I dont come off as rude lol

Thanks for the advice. I knew it would lose control if you pushed it hard, so i didnt go crazy in testing. However, i didnt know it fliped alot until i tested it after reading this. I desighned this one and the rest untill 500 to be a good long range supersonic jet but i will make it able to fly better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.