Time to say goodbye....

maceemiller

Hi all.

Not sure what it is but after downloading 1.3 im just not feeling it anymore....

...it could be the overhaul of yet more mods to be updated but i dont think so as i dont use that many. Its starting to feel a little flat now like its run its course.....

I think for now and the forseeable future its time to say goodbye to one of the greatest games ive ever played but something does not feel right in 1.3....probably only me but it feels odd.

Happy flying and go for your goals...I just dont feel it anymore which makes me sad but 1.3 literally has killed it for me.....no fault of the update just its gone for me....

It's perfectly fine to finish a game.  Most people do it all the time and don't think twice.  KSP is just one of those weird exceptions where people think of it as a life style choice more than a game. 

Edited by klgraham1013

14 minutes ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

KSP has a higher relapse rate than cigarettes. Nobody quits forever, bud. See ya soon.

To quit with cigarets is realy easy... i made like 100 times by now...:cool:

@maceemiller have a good time meanwhile.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

take care.  maybe you'll get the itch again after a while,  just like me and many others... but perhaps not... 

either way... have fun with your next endeavour :) do you have any idea what you will do next??

1 hour ago, maceemiller said:

Cant see how to close my forum account? 

Ah, we've all been there. Get mad at a girl. Delete all her info. Change your number. Swear you'll never speak to her again. Then get drunk and show up at her house in the middle of the night.

We'll leave the light on for ya.

I don't know about KSP, but in some forums you can't really delete an account. You have over 300 + ratings maceemiller. The thinking is, deleting an account would also delete content that obviously has value to users of the forum.For instance, your answer to 'Location' is reason enough alone to not delete your account in my estimate. :) 

I would suggest just walking away for now and let the account basically go dormant.

3 hours ago, maceemiller said:

Contacted staff....just got to wait now im guessing

Pretty sure you can ask to be banned but not have your account deleted; the mods generally don't delete content unless it's absolutely needed.

Otherwise, have fun out there. Feel free to come back or not to come back; the choice is yours. Make sure your memories are happy, and not forcing yourself to play something you don't like. I just hope your memories to date have been happy, and that you've learned a fair bit from KSP; I know I certainly have.

Yeah-yeah, I say that time to time, then I just switch to some other newly released games that take just 20-25 hours to complete and get boring (except just few of them), then I get back to KSP with new ideas. Feels like getting back home after a long trip :) Though waiting for all mods to update after another patch is somewhat irritating, especially when patch didn't fix that much of ancient bugs/problems and didn't add that much of useful stuff.

My KSP playing cycle:

1- think a big mission

2- do it (mostly takes 1-2 months)

3- mission completed, get bored

4- launch some SRBs to KSC buildings for killing time

5- left the game for playing another game or do other stuff (usually for 1-2 months)

6- come back to KSP when I got bored with those games

7- the cycle starts all over again, FOREVER

But yeah, I can understand your feelings, mate. Anyway, take care of yourself okay? We always be here just in case you're coming back

Godspeed

13 hours ago, maceemiller said:

Contacted staff....just got to wait now im guessing

If you do not want to post, my advice would be to close the page and, I don't know, stop posting?

Unless you are waiting for someone to plead with you to stay (don't think that will happen myself) but at the end of the day it is your choice.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.