MajesticEagle98

Community Tech Tree

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I recently installed the mod 'Community Tech Tree' while playing career mode I wanted to check out the new branches added to the tree by this mod. There was one problem though, a lot of the branches didn't have parts showed in them and were still researchable. Is it just me or is it the mod? What other mods have i must install to get Community Tech Tree to 100% work? Thank you!

It works 100%, just with the extra unused nodes visible.

This mod will hide the empty nodes:

1 person likes this

The idea behind CTT is to add all the tech tree nodes that any part mods could ever need. Therefore, if you're not using every mod possible, there will be empty nodes. Use the mod linked above to hide any empty nodes. 

2 people like this

^ This.

Community Tech Tree does not add any parts. It only adds tech nodes. Without something else to put parts into them, the nodes will all be empty.

Good mods to start making use of CTT are things by Nertea, NecroBones and RoverDude. But there are many, many others too.

3 people like this

So far my experience with RoverDude mods has been very spotty in CTT - there are lots of misplaced nodes and weird sequences.  Is there a convenient editor like there was for ETT, or is it just a slog of writing the code changes and submitting pull requests to help fix it?  I usually crash the game when I try writing tech tree patches.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, fourfa said:

So far my experience with RoverDude mods has been very spotty in CTT - there are lots of misplaced nodes and weird sequences.  Is there a convenient editor like there was for ETT, or is it just a slog of writing the code changes and submitting pull requests to help fix it?  I usually crash the game when I try writing tech tree patches.

@fourfa CTT doesn't work with the same editor ETT uses but feel free to just tell me where you want parts moved to and I'll move em (if they make sense)

Edited by TheRagingIrishman
2 people like this