Stuttering After Fresh Install(s) on 1.3

Hey everyone...and for those of you in the US (or just prone to celebrating) happy 4th of July weekend!

Over the past months I have been playing KSP daily. I have been using CKAN to mess around with dozens of mods, and most notably I have been helping @The White Guardian beta test his massive Evolution mod

TWG is making a massive overhaul of Evo, so I thought this would be a good time to unisntall everything, update KSP to 1.3, pick some new mods for the future (I want a very simulation-like experience with life support, stage recovery, and failures etc). So I uninstalled and deleted everything and then reinstalled KSP and CKAN.

Every time I do that and go to play the game stutters terribly. I can go up to a minute without one, but sometimes it pauses for three seconds every 10 seconds. I did free flight the other day and it was less common, but on my career mode every time I tried to do some SCIENCE! it paused, thought about it, then eventually decided to go ahead. But that was for every experiment. It basically made it a science slideshow.

Is there anyone here that has any idea what could be causing this or that can help me fix it? It's not my PC, let me say that (6700K, GTX 1070, 32GB ram, SSD) as it never did this before anyway.

I have a very long list of mods, but it's not more robust than it was necessarily.

Let me know if anyone has suggestions or can help me with this. I would be happy to provide a mod list if necessary. Thanks!

EDIT: forgot to mention I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times and it still happens. It also happened with stock planets and another planet pack.

Edited by Disparia Books
forgot to mention...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.