RSS vessel recovery location

Hey all, been playing with Real Solar System (plus mods like KSC Switcher and FMRS) and have recently been doing the SpaceX style first stage boostback with a chute assisted powered landing and man, it's a lot of fun.  I've gotten to the point with one particular design where I can land it within visual sight of the KSC fairly regularly, though I haven't managed a landing on the runway or pad yet.

One thing I've noticed when recovering vessels in RSS (even with KSCS) is that it says they are over 3,000 km away from KSC, even when I can SEE the VAB on the horizon.  Wouldn't over 3,000 km practically put the recovery locus on the next continet?  BTW, I'm flying out of Kennedy, but I get similar results flying from Vandenburg.

Is there a mod, or a way to modify the mods I have to alight the recovery locus to the currently selected launch site?  Or at least to a specified point, like Merritt Island?

Yep it calculates the distance to the original kcs with the stock solar system. Which is in the center of earth. At least. Thats how I thought it worked. 

However, when there is some multiplier. When landing at the other side of the place you launched from, you get fairly less money back. And I think it's quite realistic you don't get all the money bavk although you land on the exact spot you launched. There's always maintenance to be done to the craft etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.