hey guys terence here i just got my pc up and running (new pc with wrong Win 32Bit on it)

i just install my ksp and it just wont run it just crash after i lunch it anytips on how i can fix this issue? i truly love this game been playing when it just came out those were the days eh?

7 hours ago, terence085 said:

i just install my ksp and it just wont run it just crash after i lunch it anytips on how i can fix this issue?

Go to your GameData folder and see if you still have a bunch of old mods from the last time you were playing the game.

5 hours ago, terence085 said:

no nothing at all its a newly install fully stock KSP i download from steam i really hope we can fix this 

Did you really check if there's nothing beside the Squad folder? I ask because people regularly forget that Steam will not remove mods and saves if you uninstall the game through Steam.

You also might want to post your logs (the stuff below the purple heading):

23 hours ago, terence085 said:

(new pc with wrong Win 32Bit on it)

Could it be that Steam is trying to run the 64-bit version of KSP? I think this is the default now, although I'd expect it to automatically run the 32-bit version, but you might want to check.

6 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Could it be that Steam is trying to run the 64-bit version of KSP? I think this is the default now, although I'd expect it to automatically run the 32-bit version, but you might want to check.

I would not be surprised if this is the problem. Try copying it over into a fresh folder, outside of the steam folder, and running the 32 bit version manually (just go into the folder and click the 32 bit .exe)

On 7/2/2017 at 4:20 PM, Harry Rhodan said:

Did you really check if there's nothing beside the Squad folder? I ask because people regularly forget that Steam will not remove mods and saves if you uninstall the game through Steam.

You also might want to post your logs (the stuff below the purple heading):

hi buddy yes i have check it in that way as well i even use a mod installer to scan just to cmf it,

its a new steam account whereby i use it to buy KSP and the pc is newly formatted with a new window 

17 hours ago, qzgy said:

I would not be surprised if this is the problem. Try copying it over into a fresh folder, outside of the steam folder, and running the 32 bit version manually (just go into the folder and click the 32 bit .exe)

hi mate im looking at the KSP folder now all i see is KSP and Launcher i cant seem to insert the screen shot here 

best regards terence 

17 hours ago, qzgy said:

okay ill try to copy it to a empty drive i have lets hope this help man 

8 minutes ago, terence085 said:

hi mate im looking at the KSP folder now all i see is KSP and Launcher i cant seem to insert the screen shot here

To add images here, you have to use an image hosting site. Most of us, including myself, use imgur. Its also free, and doesn't need an account (but its also nice to have). Upload your screenshot there (of your KSP folder) and maybe that could help.

Are you sure there isn't anything along the lines of Gamedata, resources, etc? I'll post my current ksp folder here for reference.

YgVaeXE.jpg

Ignore the parts labeled PartMapper. That's a thing from another website, KerbalX and is not relevant to the actual game. The folder at the top is a crash report. Ignore that too.

3 minutes ago, qzgy said:

To add images here, you have to use an image hosting site. Most of us, including myself, use imgur. Its also free, and doesn't need an account (but its also nice to have). Upload your screenshot there (of your KSP folder) and maybe that could help.

Are you sure there isn't anything along the lines of Gamedata, resources, etc? I'll post my current ksp folder here for reference.

YgVaeXE.jpg

Ignore the parts labeled PartMapper. That's a thing from another website, KerbalX and is not relevant to the actual game. The folder at the top is a crash report. Ignore that too.

here i got all 3 of the folder in one phot i hope this help damn the Imgur is cool thanks man dope tips 

25 minutes ago, terence085 said:

here i got all 3 of the folder in one phot i hope this help damn the Imgur is cool thanks man dope tips 

The one thing that strikes me as odd is why your Physics, Part database, and settings files are all "Crafty Files" They should be .cfg, or config files. Maybe someone like @bewing could help out here?

Just try clicking the KSP application, and see what happens. I'm not sure if you have tried that already, but try anyways.

1 minute ago, qzgy said:

The one thing that strikes me as odd is why your Physics, Part database, and settings files are all "Crafty Files" They should be .cfg, or config files. Maybe someone like @bewing could help out here?

Just try clicking the KSP application, and see what happens. I'm not sure if you have tried that already, but try anyways.

ohh thats just because i assign most of my doc to it as default Setting 

what is wrong with my ksp ;( 

It's very strange that you are missing KSP_x64.exe and your buildID64.txt file. Those should always be there. Could you please open the buildID.txt file that you have there, and post the contents here?

Well, you are missing at least 4 directories and 2 files that I can see from your directory listing. You are probably missing many more. So if you do a file verification from steam, and it is not loading any more files -- then something is very wrong. Disk full? Directory locked? Disk very fragmented?

30 minutes ago, bewing said:

Disk full? Directory locked? Disk very fragmented?

Maybe some anti-virus software blocking or quarantining the files, because it -mistakenly- thinks it's infected? I've seen reports of some AV packages falsely flagging Monodevelop files as malware, and KSP uses that...

10 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Maybe some anti-virus software blocking or quarantining the files, because it -mistakenly- thinks it's infected? I've seen reports of some AV packages falsely flagging Monodevelop files as malware, and KSP uses that...

i have about 2.6tb of free space? like i say its a newly formatted pc bruh  the anti-virus im using now is the build in aniti-virus by microsoft 

11 hours ago, bewing said:

Well, you are missing at least 4 directories and 2 files that I can see from your directory listing. You are probably missing many more. So if you do a file verification from steam, and it is not loading any more files -- then something is very wrong. Disk full? Directory locked? Disk very fragmented?

hey buddy,

no i have 2.6tb of free space i have try moving it to a free disk and its still crash on the loading screen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.