Some random stuff that I need.

1) Graphics Overhaul

2) More Ion drives

3) Randomized star systems outside Kerbol

4) Faster loading screens

5) Achievement System

6) Steam workshop

7) IVA/EVA overhaul

8) Eve, Jool and Duna atmospheric breathing engines (need gas and Oxidizer)

9) Multiplayer

10) Boats / Submersibles

Feel free to say what you want and what you dislike about this.

Here's my opinions/knowledge on them:

1) It is/was being worked on.

2) Would be helpful, but is provided by mods.

3) Good idea, but not in stock because it would take too much computer resource. Also would take ages to get to without warp drives.

4) That is more limited by your computer and the amount of mods and parts that are being loaded.

5) Would be cool, but how would they interact with mods?

6) No, not everyone has the game through steam and it's easy to hide malicious code in a dll on Steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/220200/discussions/0/494631967660451431/

7) Would be nice. Maybe integration of KAS/KIS.

8) If you need Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer how is it different than a normal rocket engine?

9) Multiplayer has many technical issues that have been discussed many many many many times in this subforum.

such as here: 

10) Yes they would make the oceans of Kerbin, Eve, and Laythe more accessible. But it is Kerbal SPACE Program after all so I don't know if they should be stock.

Edited by Jas0n

1) Easier said than done. KSP runs fine on lower end machines, it'd be nice if it stayed that way. Either way, an art overhaul would be a pretty big update, I don't expect it to come this soon.

2) The current ion drive is overpowered enough, I don't see a need for more.

3) Additional star systems would take centuries to go to. As for random star systems replacing the Kerbin system, why not? It could bring some novelty to the game, but ultimately all planets are similar and pretty bland, it would not make the game that much better.

4) Loading times is not something you choose. It depends on the code optimisation, and while KSP still has some way to go, loading times are more than acceptable. IMO performance improvements would be needed in a lot of other places before looking at loading times.

5) I personally don't care about achievement so whatever I guess.

6) Steam Workshop has already been discussed and Squad has explicitly said it won't happen. A significant portion of the community got KSP outside Steam and having mods unavailable to these would be unfair.

7) IVA/EVA are currently pretty boring so yeah I guess. You'd need to be a tad more specific with your suggestion on that one though.

8) I don't use planes much so I don't really care about that one. Again, there are other priorities.

9) Discussed a million times before. General consensus is that it would be extremely hard to implement properly. A part of the community wants it, another part thinks the time investment wouldn't be worth it when it could be spent doing other things.

10) Same as for 8): I don't really care, but there are other priorities. Water related craft are currently a pretty minor part of the stock game and developing this aspect properly would require a lot of time. I personally feel like rocket parts are in dire need of attention: 1.0/1.1 added lot of plane parts, 1.2 added a comms system for probes, 1.3 added localisation; overall rocket parts have received very little attention in the last few updates, a shame for a game where launching craft to orbit is the start of everything (some rocket parts will be added in the upcoming DLC but that doesn't improve the existing ones). There are already a lot of mods adding marine parts and I'm satisfied with it staying mod domain.

Edited by Gaarst
Formatting

8) I would say is unrealistic. Duna's real life counterpart is mars, which I believe has a mainly CO2 based atmosphere. You're not going to easily burn CO2. Jool...... There's not really a need for specific in-atmo jool engines. You can't really do anything there. Eve? Eh, maybe. there's a mod for that (somewhere, its like explodium engines or so.) But I feel this would be too OP, and I know I already say this as we have SABRE engines in the form of the Rapier. But we're not going to get a jet engine to work on venus anyways....

I'd have to agree with @Gaarst - doesn't feel like the stock rockets have gotten much love in the recent updates.

1 hour ago, qzgy said:

Duna's real life counterpart is mars, which I believe has a mainly CO2 based atmosphere. You're not going to easily burn CO2.

Silane powered rockets/jets have been proposed for Martian craft, since silane will "burn" in CO2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.