When license in thread does not match packaged license?

So, just wondering when a license stated in a thread OP does NOT match the license file in the mod package...
Which one takes precedence?

I found the license stated on this thread OP, ( CC-BY-ND 4.0 ), does not match the license stated in (the single) released mod package found on Curse (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)...

13 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

In any case, I believe @linuxgurugamer has updated it.

In any case, I believe @linuxgurugamer has updated it.

yes.

yes.

Thanx :)

But he only added an MM patch, to the original package... so more like a "community fix" than a full update...
There are duplicate textures, which also could stand to be converted to DDS, and I beleive he has also requested someone to make new models...??

AND, I also just wanted to know in general how precedence is determined for mismatches, and really only used that mod as an example...

The license that accompanies the works being distributed is what matters, so CC BY-NC-SA 3.0. At the end of the day, a thread on a forum isn't really related to the work.

If there's any reasonable doubt, though, like say two license files in the mod package that differ, then I'd go with the more restrictive license, which in this case is probably CC-BY-ND 4.0.

19 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

yes.

yes.

Thanx :)

But he only added an MM patch, to the original package... so more like a "community fix" than a full update...
There are duplicate textures, which also could stand to be converted to DDS, and I beleive he has also requested someone to make new models...??

AND, I also just wanted to know in general how precedence is determined for mismatches, and really only used that mod as an example...

In fact, I had quite the discussion with the Moderators about this.  They finally came to a consensus that:

1. Most restrictive license applies
  2. I could bundle the original zip with my patches since the license allowed that.  As long as I didn't touch the original.

I've run into this with other mods, which is why I now don't support (and mostly don't use) mods which have such a restrictive license.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.