KSP Version in Use  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What version of KSP do you use?

• 1.3.x
    • 1.2.x
    • 1.1.x
    • 1.0.x
    • earlier version (please specify)

So, I found myself to still use KSP 1.2.2, although 1.3.0 has been released a couple of weeks ago. There just weren't enough features to appeal to me, to justify the process of getting my mods to work again. Honestly, the terrain seems are annoying, but the lack of all important mods is game breaking to me.

So what version do you use, and why?

I used 1.2 until last week. I was just waiting for my fav mods to be updated. I'm still missing couple of other mods, but not crucial. 1.3 does not bring much indeed but I find that 1.3 has less stutter. Even though there is no MemGraph for 1.3, the stutter isn't as bad as in 1.2. I also appreciate the lack of seams, they were very annoying.

1.3.0 here.  I always go to the latest version within a week or so of release.  I don't yse many mods and if a 'crucial' one isn't updated yet then i tend to just fiddle around rather than undertake big missions.

Both.  I have my largest, most indepth Science Sandbox game to finish up in 1.2.2 so I will play that for a while yet.  1.3 is smoother for me for sure.  The only thing I don't like about 1.3 is the new struts with that nipple thingy on them.  I like the plain look of the old ones better and I find it harder to make my own interstage meshes with the new ones: they just don't stay put where I want them to. 

Well, 1.3 is the first version in a long time that's actually stable on my machine...

So I'm using that.

Ever since 0.90 it's been crazy to get this thing to work. So I wasn't able to play KSP for more than two years (and I got this game in 2012). I am very satisfied with 1.3.

Edited by Bill Phil

I'm on 1.2.2 modded pretty heavily - okay had to remove a few to keep the fps at a playable level.

I fully intend to grab 1.3 soonTM. At first I was waiting for feedback to make sure there weren't any major bugs. Then I decided to wait on mods - at east one of which is still not fully updated. Started to go for it anyway until talk of 1.3.1 sprang up so I'm back to waiting. If I had unlimited reliable internet I'd download now. 

0.25 -- In contrast to Mr. Zoo, I'm being serious.

Editor Extensions has Vertical Snap as a toggle in that version. A code change in 0.90 made this toggle impossible. Since I spend 90% of my time building, to upgrade would almost double my mouse movements and keypresses.

I've been a draftsman for 25 years, so minimizing the number of inputs I have to make is a big deal for me.

15 minutes ago, FleshJeb said:

0.25 -- In contrast to Mr. Zoo, I'm being serious.

Editor Extensions has Vertical Snap as a toggle in that version. A code change in 0.90 made this toggle impossible. Since I spend 90% of my time building, to upgrade would almost double my mouse movements and keypresses.

I've been a draftsman for 25 years, so minimizing the number of inputs I have to make is a big deal for me.

Vertical snap is still a thing in Editor Extensions, it's just done after part placement now. I've got click-keypress committed to muscle memory now, small price to pay to be on a modern version of the game. 

3 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Vertical snap is still a thing in Editor Extensions, it's just done after part placement now. I've got click-keypress committed to muscle memory now, small price to pay to be on a modern version of the game. 

I know, it just irritates me beyond reason. I've spent a many hours in every version since, and it's less fun for -me-.

I have FAR, Deadly ReEntry, Kethane, RemoteTech, and ScanSat, and I can write my own config files for most of the new engines--So, I'm not missing anything significant, and I don't have to keep track of caveats/workarounds for new bugs. 1.01-1.04 was such a mess, I just gave up.

On 2.7.2017 at 7:42 PM, Kerbital said:

I used 1.2 until last week. I was just waiting for my fav mods to be updated. I'm still missing couple of other mods, but not crucial. 1.3 does not bring much indeed but I find that 1.3 has less stutter. Even though there is no MemGraph for 1.3, the stutter isn't as bad as in 1.2. I also appreciate the lack of seams, they were very annoying.

MemGraph works for 1.3

Playing 1.3 with around 40 mods on hard career in permadeath mode (linear, no save-load).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.