Does anyone have a working Realism Overhaul, RP-0, and Real Solar System install?

I've been trying for about 3 hours to get a new Realism Overhaul career going, but I just can't seem to get everything working. I've changed the version to 1.2.2 and weeded out a few mods that crash the game on startup, but I still can't get it to a usable state. The Real Solar System mod literally just isn't working (i.e. still the normal Kerbal universe) despite it loading on startup, Kerbal Construction Time crashes upon going to the space center, and the biggest issue is when I'm in the VAB/SPH I can't switch part tabs despite clicking any/all of the buttons. I've tried both manual installations and CKAN installation. If anyone actually has a working install I'd definitely appreciate knowing what you have loaded/if you can share your gamedata folder that would be great. Thanks!

I've got a working install. Now, for the advice-

Have you checked your Kopernicus version? Having the wrong version of a mod is usually bad, but in the case of Kopernicus it has to be recompiled for every single update or it won't work at all. If that's not the problem, do the following: Starting with a clean install, load one mod. Then try loading KSP. If KSP loads, add another mod. Repeat until KSP starts having problems. At this point, you'll have identified the problematic mod, and can start looking for the specific problem and finding a solution. Either that, or your install will magically work now that you've decided to do everything slowly. Which, as it happens, is how I got my install working, having had similar problems (i.e. RSS not working, things breaking).

Edited by IncongruousGoat

10 minutes ago, IncongruousGoat said:

Repeat until KSP starts having problems.

This sounds thoughtful, but in practice...

Think about this:
The more mods you add, the longer is the loading process. And ofc the MM cache has to be deleted before each new start.
So until the bad mod is found, the user was sitting in front of the screen for several hours just to load to the main menu.
And: some mods need other mods as dependency, so just "add one more mod" does not always work.

Sound silly, but that's it.

7 hours ago, IncongruousGoat said:

I've got a working install. Now, for the advice-

Have you checked your Kopernicus version? Having the wrong version of a mod is usually bad, but in the case of Kopernicus it has to be recompiled for every single update or it won't work at all. If that's not the problem, do the following: Starting with a clean install, load one mod. Then try loading KSP. If KSP loads, add another mod. Repeat until KSP starts having problems. At this point, you'll have identified the problematic mod, and can start looking for the specific problem and finding a solution. Either that, or your install will magically work now that you've decided to do everything slowly. Which, as it happens, is how I got my install working, having had similar problems (i.e. RSS not working, things breaking).

That's what I did to get rid of the mods that crashed the game on startup. Now that the game doesn't crash on startup, I'm at the point where the error is caused by a conflict between severak mods, and since there are hundreds/thousands of ways that mods can be loaded or not loaded, the time spent vs. reward decreases significantly, hence why I came here. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.