Don't get hung up on "rendezvous and dock two vessels"

Seriously, as per title. The contract system loves to get stuck on demanding activities you don't care about in places you've already explored. Could we consider some of the following...

1. Not having rendezvous/dock/crew transfer as an "explore" type contract at all. It's nothing to do with exploration.
  2. Ending all further "explore" contacts for a body once it has had a flag planted on it. If players have got this far, they'll either go back for other reasons, or don't want to go back.
  3. Having at least two explore contacts available at all times, and not allowing them to be the same body, or parent body if a moon.
  4. Increase randomisation of exploration contracts. Duna this week, Eve the next, Eeloo, Jool, Dres... any time, any order. Let players decide whether to take them or wait for next week.*
  5. Allow blacklisting of bodies for contract purposes. Literally a ticklist of "never offer me these".
  6. Allow players to nominate the target of exploration and provide bonuses based on that.

* I don't often feel that RNG is a good answer in games, but in this case, we really need more RNG. I have put boots on Mars, Deimos, and Phobos, yet I haven't even been invited to flyby Venus or Jupiter (yeah, I'm playing RSS but that shouldn't matter to the contract system). It leads to a very silly progression and is likely to have players just ignoring the exploration contracts forever.

I'll add a tip for anyone who is annoyed by this behaviour and isn't afraid to edit a save file (back it up first):

In your persistent.sfs, look for the 

SCENARIO
{
    name = ProgressTracking

section. In it, you'll find a list of bodies, and the things you have done around them. Assuming you've done a rendezvous/docking somewhere, go find that one and look for the...

Rendezvous
{
completedManned = 103347861.88116726
}
Docking
{
completed = 103347861.88116726
}

part. You can copy paste this into the body that you want to stop getting contracts for. In my case, I don't want to be nagged for Phobos and Deimos, so I did both of those. You may wish to change the timestamp to match something you have really done around that body just so it looks sane.

Made the edit, fast-forwarded a week, got a contract to explore Venus. Much better :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.