World War K (Conclusion: "The Return": An introduction to The Final Stand, and The Authors Note)

DarkOwl57

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Ah alright. Although I'm not going to keep a mean streak up. I'm not gonna kill everyone!

I don't mean killing off everyone. Not at all. But war is horrible, there's no two ways around it, and MASH (for example) explored all sorts of different aspects of the horror... like one episode where a guy lost himself because saw his brother get killed, another where a bombardier flew one mission too many, completely snapped and thought he was Jesus... or the replacement dr. that saw too much and just wandered out of the OR, and reality all together..... and one of the most heart wrenching, an episode called "Sometimes You Hear the Bullet" in which a childhood of Hawkeye's is wounded and dies on the operating table.... and how it ripped Hawkeye apart.

My point is you don't have to kill off everyone... quite the opposite. Sometimes the death of just one character can have long, long lasting effects in many chapters after.... (Henry Blake)

Ah come back from church and a billion notifications light me up. Let me see here...

2 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

So are the cast of a TV show all pilots?

Emiko Station? If that's what you mean, you're going to have to ask @Just Jim about that. In this, they literally stepped off the set and came to the KSC for a visit.

2 hours ago, qzgy said:

Only a nuke? Why not go wayyy overkill and make it 17?

hahahahahaha. I'm not spoiling it for ya. Just gotta stick around and see it through.

2 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

or an antimatter bomb?

Until North Kerbin Weaponry adds a antimatter bomb, I don't think that's gonna happen :wink:

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

This is just one example of many Hollywood actors/actresses that were prior war vets. 

Oh, also some trivia, did you know that John F. Kennedy was actually a captain of a transport boat during WW2?

*Grabs checklist*

54 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

like one episode where a guy lost himself because saw his brother get killed,

Seen that one

55 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

another where a bombardier flew one mission too many, completely snapped and thought he was Jesus...

And then Klinger tried to become Moses

55 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

or the replacement dr. that saw too much and just wandered out of the OR,

My inspiration for the chapter

56 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

and one of the most heart wrenching, an episode called "Sometimes You Hear the Bullet" in which a childhood of Hawkeye's is wounded and dies on the operating table.... and how it ripped Hawkeye apart.

Ah yeah I kinda vaguely remember that one.

56 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

My point is you don't have to kill off everyone... quite the opposite. Sometimes the death of just one character can have long, long lasting effects in many chapters after.... (Henry Blake)

Yeah, true.

From here on, I promise not to kill off too many people, but when I do, it's gonna be like a sucker punch to the gut delivered by.. Mike Tyson or someone like that.

3 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Oh, also some trivia, did you know that John F. Kennedy was actually a captain of a transport boat during WW2?

I did know this... yes. But it was a PT boat (PT-109), and capsized by a Japanese destroyer. Amazing story.  :)

Ah yeah I kinda vaguely remember that one.

Season 1... first time they really got serious... well worth checking out.

From here on, I promise not to kill off too many people, but when I do, it's gonna be like a sucker punch to the gut delivered by.. Mike Tyson or someone like that.

Yes, exactly! You don't need to do it too often, or it gets old. Just when you do, make it really mean something!  :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

Now just to get this back on-topic..

I was going to work more on this, buuuttt... Texas seems to have hit up it's homie Florida and was like "Yeah. We need some summer storms" and now I'm worrying that my PC's gonna explode when the lightning strikes. See y'all either tomorrow or when I feel gutsy enough to get back on.

8 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Now just to get this back on-topic..

I was going to work more on this, buuuttt... Texas seems to have hit up it's homie Florida and was like "Yeah. We need some summer storms" and now I'm worrying that my PC's gonna explode when the lightning strikes. See y'all either tomorrow or when I feel gutsy enough to get back on.

Could you add KDI anyway the plot tells?

Also, my first day of school, prepping to leave. 

Edited by Joseph Kerman

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Texas seems to have hit up it's homie Florida and was like "Yeah. We need some summer storms" and now I'm worrying that my PC's gonna explode when the lightning strikes. See y'all either tomorrow or when I feel gutsy enough to get back on.

I hear ya! Take your time... :wink:

4 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

BTW, DarkOwl, not to judge, but your cover is lacking a bit. Would you like me to make you one? 

Sure. I literally slapped one on because I didn't want to delay further XD

On 7/10/2017 at 1:19 AM, DarkOwl57 said:

I'm pretty sure that he was the captain of a torpedo boat.

That got rammed by a Japanese destroyer.

Edited by Wildcat111

Alright. Chapter 3. Y'all ready? It's gonna be a little shorter than the others, but I'm still in a writers block phase. So enjoy!

Chapter 3

Farewell

Time: 11:00am, 2 Days later

gyKYJqe.png

"Do I have to go?" Christina asked as the plane prepared for takeoff. "Sorry kiddo," Gene sadly replied. "If you're gonna freak out like this after every fight..." Val said. "We can't risk your.... sanity in a big fight," Triop finished. "Don't get me wrong; you're a good kid. But we can't focus on an enemy fighter and watching out for you at the same time," Thompberry explained. "Alright, I get it," Christina dejectedly replied. Tarkin went up and gave her a hug to try to comfort her.

"I'll keep in touch," He said, passing her a piece of paper. Christina smiled, and waved to everyone. "I'll see you guys later, eh?" She smirked, and began walking onto the jet walkway.

vSeaRlh.png

hpgfzF6.png

M8B5OOn.png

The plane's engines fired up, and as the propellers span faster and faster, it took the group's friend and comrade away from them.. Possibly forever.

JiSm2jF.png

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Time: 1:30pm, The next day

Val smiled as the ball gently rolled in. "Again?!" Jim exclaimed, throwing the que onto the couch. "That's 3 games to none," Val wrote on a piece of paper, a big smile on her face. As Jim grumbled, Gene walked in. "Val win again?" He asked Jim, only worsening his mood. "Wanna go?" Val asked. "No thank you; I'm not in the mood for suicide," Gene chuckled. "But I was wondering if you could do me a favor." Jim rolled his eyes and muttered "Here we go again." Gene's "favors" were always slightly crazy. There was one time-

"So I've got a meeting to go to, but I'm snowed in with paperwork. Could you go there for me?" Gene asked. By Gene's standards, this was a tame request. "Sure. What is it?" Val asked, racking the balls up for another game. "United Kouncil," Gene said, making Val drop the rack. "Are you kidding me?!" She shouted. "That starts in like 2 hours!" Gene looked at his watch. "1 Hour 45," He said. "NOT HELPING!" Val replied, grabbing her coat and running out to her car, driving out to Bahmuto City.

yGx0cx8.png

QFNRr1B.png

Short and simple. Neat.

I really want to get Whack-a-kerbal/Object thrower and bowl those kerbals down, it looks like a bowling setup. Almost.

18 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

gyKYJqe.png

1 hour ago, qzgy said:

Short and simple. Neat.

I really want to get Whack-a-kerbal/Object thrower and bowl those kerbals down, it looks like a bowling setup. Almost.

hahahahahahahaha. *Flashback to every KSP video ever*

The leaving scene was sad. :( For some reason, I keep imagining Christina on a plane in 10 years, being sent through to the cockpit and being told she is the only person on board who can fly the plane, with her replying: "I flew double engine fighters in WWK, but this plane has four engines. It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether."

Half an hour later:

You have to decide... You have to decide... You have to decide... You have to decide... 

Edited by MiffedStarfish

3 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

"I flew single engine fighters in WWK, but this plane has four engines. It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether."

Not quote. She flew a double-engine K-22 Raptor. Other than that it's the same :wink:

Alright everyone, sorry for the delay. The last few IRL days have been hectic, and when I tried to get the screenshots for Chapter 4, my game was just not playing nice. So, that's why I only got like 1 or 2 good, usable pictures. So there are 2 options.

1. Have the chapter come out today (After I go work on my driving for a bit (I'm working on the Learners Permit test so yay me!)) with little to no pictures.

2. Wait about another week and have the needed screenshots.

Alright, sorry for the delay. IRL's been slapping me upside the head. Only 1 pic; I've decided to split Chapter 3 into 2 parts, so the big thing that was going to happen in Chapter 3 will now happen in Chapter 4. Got it? Good; because I have no idea what I just said XD. Enjoy!

Chapter 3

World Kouncil

cjXbxZV.png

Val tore into the parking lot, hoping she hadn't flattened someone important. I swear to Kraken I'm gonna kill Gene, Val thought as she ran into the hall, accidentally bumping into the President. "Watch where you're going!" an Agent said, checking the President over. "It's fine," She replied, looking at Val. "Colonel Valentina. I guess Gene sent you?" Val gave an exasperated sigh, and the President smiled. "He tends to run late. I see he chose someone else to be late for him." Val chuckled, before another fancy leader-looking kerbal walked up.

"Ah, Colonel, this is the President of the United States of Kerbolia, Mister Runden Kerman," The President told Val, shaking the other President's hand. "Welcome to our capital, Mister President," Val shook his hand. "Oh yeah, I just love your country. Shame to be coming here under such circumstances, but we must protect each other." Before Val could reply, though, the loudspeaker popped to life and announced that the meeting would start in 3 minutes. "Let's get a seat," The President said. Holy crap I'm about to sit next to the President of United Kerbin..

"Good afternoon leaders of the Coalition, and welcome to this Kouncil meeting," The head Speaker said as everyone sat down. "So first we'll go over the news of the war, before each nation gets to have a turn. Okay?" There was some murmuring consent, and the meeting began. "Alright, so as you might have heard, the Veloxian Republic, who we thought would be able to fight off Klathu, was just wiped out in a matter of days by Klathu's army. The remaining leaders have now sided with our Coalition, and we're happy for all the help we can get. Also, on the front of Dystrios, Petlof has joined the Axis, and in response to this, Penguinia has joined onto our side. Now, this is truly a World War." There was some muttering, and the nation's speaking started.

The next 2 hours were filled with nothing but boring talk and conversation, where it felt like nothing got done. Overall, the meeting felt veeeeerrrryyy dull, and Val was extremely happy to get out. Ignoring the press outside and without even saying goodbye to the President, Val ran out to her car to head back home.

As Val listened to the radio, a wild biker almost got ran over by Val when he went straight through an intersection. When she had finally caught her breath, a sign caught her eye.

Home of

Saga of the Emiko Station

Take your tour today!!

Oh so this is where their studio is! Val thought, turning into the parking lot. Might as well..

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

As Val entered the studio, she heard a load of commotion. It sounded something like either a really fun party or an out-of-control brawl. "Hello?" Val called, her voice echoing around the crowded studio. There were props, gear, and assorted lighting equipment, which seemed to create an unorganized junk pile with tunnels for walking. "Who's that?" A voice asked. "Val? Is that you?" Another voice asked. Just as Val was about to answer, she stepped into the lounge area, and saw the cast. "Val!" Angelo exclaimed, rushing over. "What're you doing here?" Piper asked, while also running over to give her a hug.

"Well, someone tried to commit suicide-by-riding into an intersection, so I stopped in the first parking lot I found," Val explained. "Well I'm glad you're okay!" Emiko came over, wearing one of those CGI suit things. "Oh gosh did I interrupt filming?" Val asked, looking at a camera that looked like it was filming the whole thing. "Naw, it's nothing," Angelo waved, before someone shouted "Take 105!" In an agitated voice. Val blushed in embarrassment, before some security officers ran onto the set. "Alright, time to go," One said, grabbing Val's arm.

"Oh she's with me," Angelo said. "Ang," Piper muttered in a warning tone, before the director came up. "Alright Angelo, this time you've gone too far. We can't allow unauthorized personnel onto the set!" He said. "Do you want to take this up with Jim?" Angelo asked with a wicked grin, making the directors face go slightly nauseous. "You wouldn't.." He muttered, before Angelo pulled out his cellphone. "What's Jim's number again?" He asked. "324-5-" Piper watched over Angelo's shoulder as he punched in the numbers. "You won't call him," The director said. Angelo put the phone up to his ear, the evil smile still on his face.
     "Jim! Hey. I just had a que-" Angelo said into the phone, before the director cried "OKAY! You can keep her! Just don't get me fired, okay?" Angelo smiled and said "Oh nevermind; we found it. Thanks!" Before hanging up. "Now that's over with-" The director began. However, before he could say anything, a loud bell rang, and the cast clapped, making the director throw down his hat in rage. "YOU'RE KIDDING ME!" He shouted as the cast scurried off to their rooms to get changed. 5:00, Val checked her watch. The irony was incredible.

"Hey Val, we're going to dinner; wanna come with?" Piper asked as she slid her jacket on, walking out the door. "Sure," Val said. As she walked out the door, Piper shouted "MY CAR!" and ran over to what Val thought must have been hers. It was a beautiful sports car, with a sleek design and shape. Or at least it would if the fenders hadn't been ripped off, and the wheels stolen. "What ha-" Angelo skidded to a stop at the door, before busting into laughter. "It's not funny!" Piper cried, looking around as if she could see the thief carrying the tires down the road. "I'm- I'm sorry," Angelo said between gulps, trying to hold back the tears from laughing too hard. "It's j- just so hilarious!" Piper hit him in the arm with her purse, making him raise his hands in a "You win!" gesture.

"We can take my car," Val told Piper, motioning to her vehicle. "Fine," Piper muttered, glumly looking at her coupe. "I'll meet you there," Angelo said, making Piper hit him again with the purse of doom. "Okay! Gosh!" He said, before making driving motions with his hands and making an engine noise. Piper took a menacingly angry step towards him, and he ran towards his car. "Meet you there!" Angelo waved, driving out of the lot.

1 minute ago, MiffedStarfish said:

The tires were stolen by the leader of the enemy side, in a devious plot. Angelo's car probably has a bomb in it.

hahahahaha. My inspiration was from that State Farm commercial with that girl getting the car with the business guy losing everything on his.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.