The Modern Fighter Jet Challenge

For those who are having me place the BDA stuff, you have two cannon options= the 20mm 6000rpm Vulcan, or Red vs Blues 25mm 3300rpm cannon.

36 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Hey guys. I'm assuming that the turrets will have fixed angles 0º pitch and yaw right?

No turrets, even with 0 Pitch, roll yaw.

2 minutes ago, Skylon said:

Not sure if it works with FAR but https://kerbalx.com/Skylon/SF-1-Peregrine

No weapons, could you add them?

Which choice of cannon

2 hours ago, dundun92 said:

For those who are having me place the BDA stuff, you have two cannon options= the 20mm 6000rpm Vulcan, or Red vs Blues 25mm 3300rpm cannon.

Just now, Skylon said:

Will use the Vulcan

Ok.

4 minutes ago, Skylon said:

Will use the Vulcan

Working so FAR...

*setting up dogfight*

I would so love to enter this and see if I could design a jet that would actually be capable of winning a dogfight, but I'm restricted to 1.02 coz I'm unable to update and only a very small number of mods do actually work for me, so I'm locked out of this... ;.;

1 minute ago, DualDesertEagle said:

I would so love to enter this and see if I could design a jet that would actually be capable of winning a dogfight, but I'm restricted to 1.02 coz I'm unable to update and only a very small number of mods do actually work for me, so I'm locked out of this... ;.;

It might upload into 1.2.2. Just try.

Just now, dundun92 said:

It might upload into 1.2.2. Just try.

Ok, I will, but whatever guns and missiles used will have to be placed either inside the air intakes or somewhere on the outside. I don't have any parts available that could work as weapon bays.

Just now, DualDesertEagle said:

Ok, I will, but whatever guns and missiles used will have to be placed either inside the air intakes or somewhere on the outside. I don't have any parts available that could work as weapon bays.

Ok.

85km seems too long but 4km is too short, it's inside the boost phase for some missiles. Also 85 km is too long because current radars in BDA can't detect objects that far, so planes won't see each other.

Also, judging from experience running the 1.2 dogfights, you probably won't be able to run with too many mods, since mods take up memory and can really slow the game down if you run out, especially when you're also recording. With just stock and BDA, KSP was using about 3.5GB, but with EVE thrown in it was eating 5.5GB of RAM.

Edited by goduranus

1 hour ago, goduranus said:

85km seems too long but 4km is too short, it's inside the boost phase for some missiles. Also 85 km is too long because current radars in BDA can't detect objects that far, so planes won't see each other.

Also, judging from experience running the 1.2 dogfights, you probably won't be able to run with too many mods, since mods take up memory and can really slow the game down if you run out, especially when you're also recording. With just stock and BDA, KSP was using about 3.5GB, but with EVE thrown in it was eating 5.5GB of RAM.

1. We are using RBDA, please read quote in OP for more details. And yes, radars now have 100 km range.

2. The reason I decided to perform the last dogfight at close range was because the dogfight competition mode would bring them to the  85km range and say "waiting for teams to get into position" and would have the planes circle around at 85 km range

5 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Now It is :)

Just curious as to why so many airplanes have that same picture.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.