The Modern Fighter Jet Challenge

8 hours ago, dundun92 said:

Uhh, it still spins. it works much better, but still uncontrollable

The elevators are not working.

Hmm. There's two things it might be. Did you stage? (When you stage you can't be pitching or rolling, it locks them in the wrong position) They  also might break if on the ground you switch to another vehicle a kilometre away or more.

Ive tested it in a competition and it was operating fine.

Note: I've never flown it with FAR. It's 50/50 if it works.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

8 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Hmm. There's two things it might be. Did you stage? (When you stage you can't be pitching or rolling, it locks them in the wrong position) They  also might break if on the ground you switch to another vehicle a kilometre away or more.

Ive tested it in a competition and it was operating fine.

Note: I've never flown it with FAR. It's 50/50 if it works.

When it was on the runway, hands off keyboard, I staged.

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

In what way wasn't it working? Did it just not respond to controls?

The elevators didnt respond to controls, and was vibrating, slowly moving out of position. 

That's really strange. It's never been used with FAR, but that shouldn't lock them up. Unless FAR changes the way elevons are controlled. Worst case scenario if you can't get it to work, don't stage and unlock pitch and roll for the flaps on the end.

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

That's really strange. It's never been used with FAR, but that shouldn't lock them up. Unless FAR changes the way elevons are controlled. Worst case scenario if you can't get it to work, don't stage and unlock pitch and roll for the flaps on the end.

Also, could you remove some if the detail parts? I know you like to make replicas accurate, but 200+ parts is a little too much for my computer. Could you try to bring it under 100 parts?

4 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Ooh.... I could maybe do 150. With stock replica weapons it was over 500.

Good thing we're using BDA weapons...

14 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Ooh.... I could maybe do 150. With stock replica weapons it was over 500.

I think you added toooo much detail to that plane! That would slow my computer to the speed of a worm!

On 7/13/2017 at 0:35 AM, jrodriguez said:

I will check if maybe it is just a part that does not work well with FAR

FINALLY. I made a new save, and it works!(but i cant dogfight. why? it only works the first time)

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

First and foremost it's a replica of my favourite plane, if I'd known I would dogfight with it I would have built it slightly more... "economically." It's the stock missiles which bring the part count up, each AIM-120 AMRAAM is like 30 parts...

You shouldn't not use a replica for BDArmory challenge. You have to remove the 30 parts AIM120 because BDArmory provides a beautiful AIM120 at it is just one part. 

Jaguar vs Fighter 3

Spoiler

Initially, one Fighter 3 broke up due to aero forces. Later on, one Jaguar had a self missile collision. The one-on-one match was won by a missile kill, destroying the last Fighter 3.

42 minutes ago, Skylon said:

When will the SF-1 Peregrine fight again?

Finishing up my Fighting Falcon semi-replica now

It will fight again if a plane can beat the Fighter 3 and Jaguar.

I might have figured out what's wrong with the Hornet stabilisers. I think the chaff pod hit boxes might be hitting the stock hinge. Could you offset them forward to the trailing edge of the wing, and try it then? An if that doesn't work, just unlock the elevons on the assembly and don't stage.

1 minute ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I might have figured out what's wrong with the Hornet stabilisers. I think the chaff pod hit boxes might be hitting the stock hinge. Could you offset them forward to the trailing edge of the wing, and try it then? An if that doesn't work, just unlock the elevons on the assembly and don't stage.

Will try tomorrow later today.

Having looked at the design, I can confirm that the chaff pods are not the problem. I have however, found out what is. The RCS balls making up the rotating parts of the bearing were offset slightly into the structual cubes holding them in place. I fixed it, and this updated version should have none of those problems.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cijp3p14oye7ajr/McDonnell Douglas F_A-18C Hornet BD.craft?dl=0

Edited by MiffedStarfish

3 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Having looked at the design, I can confirm that the chaff pods are not the problem. I have however, found out what is. The RCS balls making up the rotating parts of the bearing were offset slightly into the structual cubes holding them in place. I fixed it, and this updated version should have none of those problems.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cijp3p14oye7ajr/McDonnell Douglas F_A-18C Hornet BD.craft?dl=0

Do you think KJR could cause this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.