The Modern Fighter Jet Challenge

Peregrine vs. F-25A

Spoiler

Initially, both planes avoided missiles well. One Peregrine, however, was destroyed by a AMRAAM. Soon after, one F-25A smashed into the ground. The two remaining planes closed in at a very fast pace, and the F-25A won the match at the last minute with an AIM-9 kill it ~5 km

Edited by Guest

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

The video isn't working. Have you tried out my Spitfire II?

Its uploading. Your spitfire 2 is next in line:D.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Ok. As my Hornet didn't work, I've started building other planes. I have a 1:1 MiG-17, I'm planning to modernise it with air to air missile etc. Is it still ok to enter it? Maybe you could have a catergory for replica planes or something. :)

Hmm... Good idea! Ill enter my F-4 in that catagory :wink:. Oh, and the video should be working now.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Damn. Just saw the thing about the Spitfire II. FAR is buggering up all my planes. Could you try changing the elevon authority from 150 to 50 or 25? I would, but I can't test FAR.

I didnt change it because I wasnt sure if you wanted the BDA AI or control surfaces tweaked, as BDA has a 35 g limit, quite high for FAR. Also, FAR works In degrees, from -40 to 40.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Joseph Kerman said:

For the sake of time,  id prefer one entry per person. Which one would you want to be entered?

1 minute ago, Joseph Kerman said:

KF-122, since the KA-17 is an attacker, and doesn't really support AAM's.

Ok! Next dogfights coming monday! Oh, and A LOT of missiles will have to come off the KF-122. 18 is FAR (get it?) to much.

Edited by Guest

Hey, so are you guys using BDA 0.212 as a base for RBDA, where you could set range limits for each gun and missile, or are you using the older BDA? I would like to build a plane but don't want to fiddle with RBDA.

3 hours ago, goduranus said:

Hey, so are you guys using BDA 0.212 as a base for RBDA, where you could set range limits for each gun and missile, or are you using the older BDA? I would like to build a plane but don't want to fiddle with RBDA.

Just build normally. The plane will import fine. The gun and missile range haven't been changed. Simply tweak the settings as you normally would .Yes, we are using 0.212 rebuilt for 1.2.2.

10 hours ago, Skylon said:

Could I ask what the AI pilot settings are for my plane?

And guns range etc.

Everything was left as default. Oh, and I tweakscaled the landing gear, as they were too low.

10 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

@dundun92 Thanks for the combat. I will create a new jet :)

Ok!

Working on my MiG-17 right now. I'm trying to make it ultra-realistic, accurate amounts of ammo, same top speed, etc. only probelm is BDA dosent do russian missiles, and I can't find an analogue for the K-5.

fMfOioh.jpg

Edited by MiffedStarfish

4 hours ago, dundun92 said:

Just build normally. The plane will import fine. The gun and missile range haven't been changed. Simply tweak the settings as you normally would .Yes, we are using 0.212 rebuilt for 1.2.2.

Everything was left as default. Oh, and I tweakscaled the landing gear, as they were too low.

Ok!

Since you are using 10x range, do range settings get automatically multiplied? Like if I set Sidewinders to launch at 2km, does it automatically get set to 20km when it's loaded into RBDA?

12 minutes ago, goduranus said:

Since you are using 10x range, do range settings get automatically multiplied? Like if I set Sidewinders to launch at 2km, does it automatically get set to 20km when it's loaded into RBDA?

Nope, all that is affected is the max launch range(4 to 19 km for AIM-9, 10 to 85 for AMRAAM)

1 hour ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Working on my MiG-17 right now. I'm trying to make it ultra-realistic, accurate amounts of ammo, same top speed, etc. only probelm is BDA dosent do russian missiles, and I can't find an analogue for the K-5.

fMfOioh.jpg

Just use Sidewinders.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.