Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alinor

Vessel Manager

13 posts in this topic

I think most players run in to issue managing vessels when you go deeper in to career mode. Solution seems simple, allow players to create their own categories and sub categories and place vessels in to categories. Making this visible in map view and tracking station.

Current categorization structure becomes unmanageable very quickly, and it is very annoying to keep looking for that vessel you put in orbit of ike and just cant find it.

At least allow separate categorization via orbiting body, ie - select Duna and show vessels only relating to Duna in their respective categories, or select Ike and see only relevant vessels.

Additionally I think you should be able to create thumbnail for your vessel and have it appear in map and tracking station if vessel is selected, so you can easily identify it visually. This opens the ability to identify and even rename and re-categorize vessels from tracking station. 

So here are my suggestions to the point.

1) When in map or tracking station, player can open category interface and add categories, vessels could be droped in to category or subcategory. For example, I can create category called Communications Network, and then create sub category for Jool then place some communications satellites that are in Jools SOF in that category. I can also disable whole category from being displayed on the map, so these satellites do not interfere with orbital maneuver planing, but they can be found quickly when needed. I think this level of control for player in required for career mode to truly develop.

2) Taking picture of the vessel and making that available in Map and tracking station view, ability to take screenshot that disables interface and ties the photo to given vessel. This photo can then be seen in map and tracking station view for easy identification.

3 people like this

That would be a very cool idea. Different colours might be a good option too, you could see them much easier from the map view if they are colored.

1 person likes this

Folders would be ideal. 

4 people like this

TOTALLY!! CAMPAIGN FOR BETTER DSN MANAGING!!!

1 person likes this

great idea...while they're at it they could make the same category system work in the VAB/SPH so you could assign designs to certain missions / destinations.

2 people like this

On 7/8/2017 at 0:49 PM, Tyko said:

great idea...while they're at it they could make the same category system work in the VAB/SPH so you could assign designs to certain missions / destinations.

Absolutely, VAB needs better management as well. 

2 people like this

These are all good Ideas, #MakeItAModNow!!!!

2 people like this

While I haven't played much, only about a month in, I can see this being a good thing.  I'm already planning on putting a station and base into orbit around, and on, all the planets/moons as one of my career goals.  With that much stuff in space, a better way to manage it would be ideal.  Even if not by category, maybe just by the body it's on/around? 

14 hours ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

These are all good Ideas, #MakeItAModNow!!!!

We also need the ability to like a post more than once.

1 person likes this

i support this.

1 person likes this

I support this, where is the poll?

I support this.  Maybe, one day, a brave modder will provide this.

Posted (edited)

For those of you willing and able to install utility mods to accomplish this, may I interest you in these?

(No one has commented whether Haystack works in KSP 1.3)

and for good measure, a VAB autosave mod:

Edited by JadeOfMaar
1 person likes this