ISRU - gypsum and hydrates

I'm looking to colonize the Moon in a RSS game with Interstellar extended and USI Kolonization (among other mods). USI Kolonization uses gypsum to produce fertilizer for growing supplies, and Interstellar uses hydrates to produce rocket fuel. In my game, the distribution of these resources is mutually exclusive, where there is gypsum there are no hydrates and vice versa. This is rather silly seeing as gypsum is a hydrate (CaSO4-2H2O). How can I edit my game so that these resources will be together?

USI kolonization...  and Interstellar Extended for that matter, are fairly complicated mods with a lot of thought put into balance and gameplay.  So my FIRST advice is.. leave it alone and enjoy the challenge of managing needing two resources from different areas.  

That said...   you could PROBABLY edit the community resource pack stuff such that gypsum could not be FOUND at all...  and then add a converter module to one of the ISRU processors, either stock or USI, to refine gypsum FROM hydrates...  which would make sense - that from a generic 'hydrates' deposit you could separate the gypsum you wanted from other compounds.

I'm curious what MKS uses them for (I haven't gotten that far yet).  If the Hydrates are used in manufacturing, then they may be contextually intended to be clathrate hydrates (like methane hydrates) which can be refined into natural gas.  Gypsum is definitely not a Clathrate.

14 hours ago, Alshain said:

I'm curious what MKS uses them for (I haven't gotten that far yet).  If the Hydrates are used in manufacturing, then they may be contextually intended to be clathrate hydrates (like methane hydrates) which can be refined into natural gas.  Gypsum is definitely not a Clathrate.

Gypsum is a route to fertilizer in MKS, and Hydrates is an alternate route to Water.  Both are essential resources for long-term colonization under MKS/USI-LS, and therefore have multiple routes to increase your odds have have one available on your planet of interest.

8 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Gypsum is a route to fertilizer in MKS, and Hydrates is an alternate route to Water.  Both are essential resources for long-term colonization under MKS/USI-LS, and therefore have multiple routes to increase your odds have have one available on your planet of interest.

Ah ok, well if it's going to water, it's not likely intended to be a Clathrate then.  I wouldn't think so anyway, of course my expertise in the matter is limited to Natural Gas production.  I know nothing about fertilizers and water sources.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.