Make water biomes useful

Hey all, been thinking about this idea awhile. That is why not make the water biomes more interesting. The idea is that the KSP developers should add stock parts to build small science submersibles, and then make the terrain under water more interesting. This would add a lot more things to do in the game. Though some people might say that submersibles have nothing to do  space and planet exploration, I disagree. My reasoning is that to planets (besides Kerbin) are at least 50% water (I know Laythe is more) Without anyway to explore under the water, Eve and Laythe are mostly barren planets as there is nothing to do on the water except float. And hey if it means that you can explore the ocean on Kerbin, that's just a bonus. Thoughts? 

There's pretty much nothing to do on the surface either TBF. Once you've planted your flag and picked up your rocks, the surface is as boring as the ocean.

Planets need to be made interesting but it's not specific to the oceans IMO.

2 hours ago, sirgoodman said:

Not entirely true about the surface, because it is still fun to explore even after you've done all the science  

Only to a small extent. Exploring would be fun if it weren't that every hill or shoreline was identical. 

I try to enjoy driving or flying over the terrain but it always feels like a chore. There's nothing to do.

It always becomes a contest of which will break first- my attention span or my craft.

Granted I did have a few ideas to occupy players while en route to different locations.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.