KSP "story mode" For single-player gameplay

I have been planning a KSP role-play mod for a while. Kind of like this game:

http://toucharcade.com/2017/04/13/full-of-stars-review-arcade-action-meets-interactive-fiction/

But only, I would give contracts to go to other planets and find survivors. It would be a save file meets RPG.

Anyone interested? 

It might be like this:

https://spacedock.info/mod/781/Kerbal Kommander

I'm thinking of also using mineable ores as currency.

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

13 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

At the risk of 'side-moderating' or whatever it's called (I'm not trying to do that!), you guys might want to be careful, roleplaying is against the rules, and you may need to take this somewhere else.

Its about a roleplaying mod, not roleplaying on the forums i geuss. We will take care of it.

Hi folks,

Just want to clarify about the "no roleplaying" rule in the forums:

What that's intended to cover is that there's no roleplaying by forum users, in the forums.  Examples of stuff that wouldn't be allowed would be if you write "as a kerbal" (rather than as yourself), or if you post a thread where you're starting up a "company" and are recruiting "members", that sort of thing.  The reason for the "no roleplaying" rule is that that sort of thing never ends well-- the various people involved get into arguments with each other, it spills out of their threads into the rest of the forum, and all becomes confusion and woe.

The key element there is that it involves two crucial ingredients:

• It's role-playing with other people
  • It's happening in the forums

If I understand @Lo Var Lachland correctly, you're not proposing anything like that, correct?  You're talking about writing a mod, which would allow an individual KSP player to play Kerbal Space Program in a sort of "story mode", with roleplaying for that individual player inside the game, yes?

If that's the case, then it's fine to make a mod like that.  And it's fine to discuss the development of such a mod here, as long as nobody's actually role-playing here in the forums. (In other words, posts such as "Hey, I'd like to help you by writing a module that does X" would be fine, but "This is Rex Kerman reporting for duty!" would not be.)

@Lo Var Lachland, can you please confirm that's what you're doing?  If that's the case, might I suggest that you rename this thread from "KSP Roleplay" to "Designing a KSP roleplaying mod", or something similar?  A title like "KSP Roleplay" tends to sow confusion by alarming lots of folks worrying that you're coloring outside the lines, when that's not what you're doing.

Similarly, you might want to re-word this:

15 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

planning a KSP role-play sort of thing

...to something more along the lines of "planning to write a KSP role-play mod".  Would make your intentions clearer.  :wink:  I gather you're planning on doing a thing that doesn't actually violate any rules, but the way you've titled and introduced it, it sounds like you're violating, unless someone takes the time to read all the details.

56 minutes ago, Snark said:

Hi folks,

Just want to clarify about the "no roleplaying" rule in the forums:

What that's intended to cover is that there's no roleplaying by forum users, in the forums.  Examples of stuff that wouldn't be allowed would be if you write "as a kerbal" (rather than as yourself), or if you post a thread where you're starting up a "company" and are recruiting "members", that sort of thing.  The reason for the "no roleplaying" rule is that that sort of thing never ends well-- the various people involved get into arguments with each other, it spills out of their threads into the rest of the forum, and all becomes confusion and woe.

The key element there is that it involves two crucial ingredients:

• It's role-playing with other people
  • It's happening in the forums

If I understand @Lo Var Lachland correctly, you're not proposing anything like that, correct?  You're talking about writing a mod, which would allow an individual KSP player to play Kerbal Space Program in a sort of "story mode", with roleplaying for that individual player inside the game, yes?

If that's the case, then it's fine to make a mod like that.  And it's fine to discuss the development of such a mod here, as long as nobody's actually role-playing here in the forums. (In other words, posts such as "Hey, I'd like to help you by writing a module that does X" would be fine, but "This is Rex Kerman reporting for duty!" would not be.)

@Lo Var Lachland, can you please confirm that's what you're doing?  If that's the case, might I suggest that you rename this thread from "KSP Roleplay" to "Designing a KSP roleplaying mod", or something similar?  A title like "KSP Roleplay" tends to sow confusion by alarming lots of folks worrying that you're coloring outside the lines, when that's not what you're doing.

Similarly, you might want to re-word this:

...to something more along the lines of "planning to write a KSP role-play mod".  Would make your intentions clearer.  :wink:  I gather you're planning on doing a thing that doesn't actually violate any rules, but the way you've titled and introduced it, it sounds like you're violating, unless someone takes the time to read all the details.

Ah, thank you very much Snark. Yes, I am developing a role-play mod for single-player mode. Thank you for reminding me of this, and I'll edit it right now. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.