Imgur albums broken ... again?!

Azimech

1 minute ago, Error_Sophius said:

"the stuff that was under that fairing, ..." should be followed by several more sentences, rather than being truncated with a Read More link (compare to the text on the other side of the link). Again, I'm not sure if that's something you can control -- but the point of embedding an album to me is to not have to go off-site to view stuff.

Yeah that one's in imgur's javascript, not something we can control. I agree it would be better to have the full caption in the embed.

2 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I see that you pasted in the whole link rather than the 5 character album code. 

Thanks, my mistake :-)

Curious, I've removed the links and added the albums with the 5 character code, same result ... ?

15 hours ago, purpleivan said:

I also can't get Imgur albums to appear correctly. I'm using Firefox 54.0.1 on Windows 7 x64.

If I enter the 5 figure code using the "I" button I get this.

<pic snipped>

If I post the full link I get this.

<pic snipped>

Link the post (here or in PM) and I'll see if I can fix it.

I'm seeing the same error Dr. Jet reported.  This is emphatically still NOT fixed.  I looked up this thread to see how to post Imgur albums, and finally (after half a dozen edits) just pasted in the album URL, which at least acts as a valid link.  Using the black "i" button and pasting the album code (x1021 in my case) didn't work, nor did a number of variations.

FWIW, I'm using SeaMonkey 2.46 (identifier 20161213175921), 64-bit Linux version obtained from Canonical's repositories, in Kubuntu 14.04.5 LTS 64-bit.

Post is here, if someone wants to look or can fix it.

Edited by Zeiss Ikon

Is there any way that broken albums can be restored, without individual attention from a mod?  I have two examples, this is a recent post with an album that does not appear at all and this is a much older one that still appears broken in the "old" way where it would appear as a black box.

I've been using the Jool 5 Challenge thread as a time capsule to see if old albums are handled differently.  Between these two there was a while when albums were known to not work on the forums and people posted links instead of embedding.

Hmm, you're right, it does work.  I've used that trick with the old broken albums but I didn't think to try it with the new broken albums, because there's nothing visible to click on.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.