Challenge Planet Pack Development Thread

Cabbink

Oh hi there. This is the development forum for my pack I'm making, the Challenge Planet Pack. It includes so far:

Nulleff: a super-tylo with no atmosphere and 2.6 gees of gravity. It also orbit 30% farther than Eeloo on a inclined and eccentric orbit. Good luck.

Pebbles: a space pebble 3 km wide wide, with surface gravity 50% lower than gilly. Orbits Nulleff in a Polar Orbit, close in. Fun....

Hel: a molten world skimming above the sun with a lot of atmosphere.  We're not sure why it's there or how it's atmosphere is staying. The size of dres.

Ira: a Small, Young brown dwarf that is very hot. You will not reach the surface. either you will be crushed, melted, or krakened into oblivion. Inclined orbit, so much harder than jool. I might make Nullef it's Moon, and Pebbles another moon of it.

Credits:

@NickRoss120  Naming Nulleff and Pebbles their Appropriate Names.

The Creators of Kopernicus for the Planet-Making Software!

STAY tunned!

Official Release Page: 

Edited by Cabbink

I've just noticed this thread and i'll do my contribution by naming them.

So first off, I think a good name for the super-tylo could be Nulleff, a combination of parts of no and escape in latin, because of how high the gravity is on the planet

Second, the space pebble could be... Pebbles, I really couldn't think of a better name to be honest, sorry.

Third, the awfully close lava planet could be called Hel, which is the Norse god of, well, the underworld.

If you had any names in mind, then that's fine, these are just name suggestions. I would just love to see in what direction this mod goes. :D

3 hours ago, NickRoss120 said:

-Snip

Thank You! Those are a lot better than what I thought. Here's an early look at Nulleff. Ill Change it's Name and It's Color:

[redacted]

Edit: New Image. Shows Pebbles and Nullef In all of their glory. Pebbles Spins within an Hour, and is very sharp. We Do not recommend trying to touch it. The Other Stars are

caused by IA-Revived, ProtoJeb21's Mod.

WEPpK0B.png

Edited by Cabbink

2 hours ago, NickRoss120 said:

@Cabbink Your welcome! I've always wanted to leave my mark on a mod somewhat., BTW, It might seem like a bit much, but I can help you with the descriptions in any way?

You possibly can. Write up some descriptions and I can overview them. Here are the specs of the current objects:

Nulleff: 200 km wide (1/3 tylo) 2.6 gees gravity, partially spiky. Brick red.

Pebbles:  5 km wide, 40 km sphere of influence(1/3 of gilly). Purple and will likely be very smooth.

Edited by Cabbink

OK, will do :wink:

One more thing, I've made some posters (I guess?) of the planets (and moon) included with your pack. They might not be your final result, but I drew these upon the specs you've given me for at least two of them, the third I've just basically made up. Hope you like them!

iJS9Z9n.png

NMVksst.png

oXxnflG.png

Edited by NickRoss120

2 hours ago, NickRoss120 said:

-Snip

Very Nice! However,  Nulleff is Just a super-Kerbin with a highly eccentric orbit. Very Nice. I Especially love pebbles. Also A Note, I am working on Hel, as it will be positioned at 700 km, only 100 over the sun's  insta-kill atmosphere. I dare you to encounter it.

Edited by Cabbink

An Update on Hel, The Terrifing planet skimming it's surface...

Well...

I may have put it inside the sun.

:|

Don't worry, I fixed it. Its at 1/5 of moho's SMA Now. It takes 2.5304083 Kerbal Days To Orbit, or about 15 Earth Hours. It will have an Eve-Like Atmosphere, and, once I re-instal KittopiaTech, have a proper "tail" Because of it's Distance to the star. Surface Temperatures will reach over 1000 K. Better get some sunscreen(Or More Likely, a sun-shade.) After Hel, I will add in one or two more to this challenge pack. Any Suggestions? I Don't Recommend gas Planets. They get Messy t

9 hours ago, NickRoss120 said:

Ooo. Extra challenging to land on Hel, however, that's gonna have a pretty small SOI...

200_s.gif

Yes. Quite, As of now, It's SOI is about 1.3 Km. that means orbits will only be 3,000 m above the surface. I should tweak it.

What Will be in Version 0.1?

• Pebbles And Nulleff, Our Ying-Yang of the Pack. Nulleff has 2.6 gees, while Pebbles has 0.002(?). Nullef requires lots of power, while you can land on pebbles with a weak ion engine.
  • Hel, a Planet with it's atmosphere being ripped apart. ~0.6 g's, and has a thick, eve-like atmosphere.
  • Ira. Don't Go If you want to live.

What Will Not Be In Version 0.1?

• Bug fixes, most likely. target these planets at your own risk!
  • EVE/Scatterer Enhancements.
  • More Stuff Than Above
  • Cake. I'm Sorry.

Edited by Cabbink

Any Suggestions? I Don't Recommend gas Planets. They get Messy

Hmm.. I kinda wanted a gas giant with this pack since Jool already provides some huge v burns in order to get to. Maybe I can code the gas giant for you since they seem to work just fine when I do, also what do you mean by they get messy?

29 minutes ago, NickRoss120 said:

Hmm.. I kinda wanted a gas giant with this pack since Jool already provides some huge v burns in order to get to. Maybe I can code the gas giant for you since they seem to work just fine when I do, also what do you mean by they get messy?

Krakens. I Can Try to Make one, but don't expect it to be as clean as it could be. It will have a Moon REALLY CLOSE To it's Surface, Like Hel. Just give the planets you want it between.

Its Done! Ira Has Been Completed. Ira Is a very young, small brown dwarf that FROM SPACE causes heating to your ship. when i first tested it it put out over 15000 K. yikes. After tweaking, it should be much weaker, at 6500 K at it's "Surface. Who Needs heating?

[image soon]

I would like to see a planet in which the atmosphere rips craft apart on entry. It will basically be a gas giant with smaller gravity and an atmosphere 3x larger than Jool. The small planet inside will be the size of Duna. A good name would be  Aaerioo. I know it is extremely unscientific, but would be a nice challenge to make huge SSTOs to escape the atmosphere.

1 hour ago, AR3S_TGL said:

I would like to see a planet in which the atmosphere rips craft apart on entry. It will basically be a gas giant with smaller gravity and an atmosphere 3x larger than Jool. The small planet inside will be the size of Duna. A good name would be  Aaerioo. I know it is extremely unscientific, but would be a nice challenge to make huge SSTOs to escape the atmosphere.

Sounds interesting! 

Heres an album of some of the objects added in! Tried to embed, but ksp is being weird.

Edited by Cabbink

Well, you've definitely made those planets interesting. :D

I notice that weird bug that shows blue and yellow lines which looks awfully similar to what's happening to my gas planets. It makes me wonder if there's a bug in Kopernicus or something that is causing that. :/ 

24 minutes ago, NickRoss120 said:

Well, you've definitely made those planets interesting. :D

I notice that weird bug that shows blue and yellow lines which looks awfully similar to what's happening to my gas planets. It makes me wonder if there's a bug in Kopernicus or something that is causing that. :/ 

I do belive this is a RimPower Bug. I will have to either look at other planets from other packs(Like IA-Revived) or just mess with it.

12 minutes ago, Cabbink said:

I do belive this is a RimPower Bug. I will have to either look at other planets from other packs(Like IA-Revived) or just mess with it.

It is. Many popular Kopernicus mods from what I can tell don't use RimPower and RimBlend, so I suspect that they may be broken or heavily bugged

7uQNb6f.png

This is what it looks like without the RimPower and RimBlend, I still need the fix the atmosphere's color but it looks infinitely better and the best part? no atmo. bugs!

Edited by NickRoss120

Sounds Good! Next Version, 0.1.1 will have that. Probably will come out later this week.

Edit: It seems that removing RimPower(As In Deleting the script lines) Does nothing.

Edited by Cabbink

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.