KSP 1.2.2 crashes at startup (RSS + other mods)

Hi all,

does anyone have an idea what causes KSP to crash in my case? I've installed couple mods (inc. RSS/RO) and was able to play, though the game was quite glitchy, for instance: unexpected spinning if an engine was burning when I switch to map mode, or no way to enable SAS until reload from save, etc. So I've exported my mods via CKAN, cleaned up mods data and re-imported it. Now the game crashes at a point when module manager loads about 30k patches (probably that's a lot?)

Last lines in KSP logs indicate couple errors while compiling Firespitter parts:

[ERR 22:53:31.024] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'Firespitter/Parts/Engine/FS_PropellerEngine/model' as model does not exist

I had Firespitter Core installed as dependency and just in case installed the Firespitter which didn't change anything.

KSP 1.2.2.1622 x64
Win7

Logs, crash dump and list of installed mods (all installed via CKAN): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_BUWaJ85OzoU3o4UlNhT0E0WTQ?usp=sharing

I'm currently experimenting by turning off non-mandatory mods (i.e. not required by RSS/RO)

Thank you!

Edited by Fogged
Fixed link to the drive directory with logs

You don't need Firespitter for Firespitter Core and in fact Firespitter isn't supported by RO/RSS

Also it is possible that you simply ran out of memory due to the amount of mods installed.

On 12.07.2017 at 1:44 AM, Jas0n said:

You don't need Firespitter for Firespitter Core and in fact Firespitter isn't supported by RO/RSS

Also it is possible that you simply ran out of memory due to the amount of mods installed.

Thanks for info regarding Firespitter. Regarding memory - I dont' think that's the case as I have 16GB RAM and there is 60-35% free memory remaining at the time game crashes. However swap file usage look worrying...

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.4.0p4_b15b5ae035b7]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll at 0033:dc770e6a.

Error occurred at 2017-07-11_234434.
C:\Games\KSP RSS\KSP_x64.exe, run by jr.
66% memory in use.
16322 MB physical memory [5492 MB free].
17320 MB paging file [5259 MB free].
8388608 MB user address space [8384869 MB free].
Read from location 00000010 caused an access violation.

Just realized I've included link to KSP.log rather than folder with all logs, here is the fixed link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_BUWaJ85OzoU3o4UlNhT0E0WTQ?usp=sharing

---

UPD: Ok, I was able to narrow the list to several engine packs, most likely one of them was crashing the game. 

Edited by Fogged

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.