[1.12.x] Tokamak Industries Refurbished Parts (Featuring Porkjet's hab pack) - Major Update

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, LitaAlto said:

Whatever happened to Porkjet's work on the refresh? Was that done on Squad time?

It's very unlikely to happen, but if his assets were available under a CC license, that would be a lovely replacement/addition.

The license for his parts is:  

These parts are by Porkjet / SQUAD. License CC-BY-NC 3.0

30 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It was never released.

That being said, I did find the small Centrifuge.  It needs some work, but I'll see if I can add it.

There were some issues with the collider (and someone fixed that at one point) -- just an FYI.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you can point me to that, please?

I have a copy that works but still with Layered Animations... I'll chuck it in a dropbox.  When i next login to my PC.  

I truly have no idea where I got it from.  It was a singular part download someone put up some time ago, after Tokamak was released.

I know that layered Animations have been superceded as well but what I have  doesn't seem to work with the workarounds that were posted.  You'll get it when you see it I think.

Peace.

9 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

I have a copy that works but still with Layered Animations... I'll chuck it in a dropbox.  When i next login to my PC.  

I truly have no idea where I got it from.  It was a singular part download someone put up some time ago, after Tokamak was released.

I know that layered Animations have been superceded as well but what I have  doesn't seem to work with the workarounds that were posted.  You'll get it when you see it I think.

Peace.

That sounds like the really old one, but I'll watch for it and verify.

Thanks

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It was never released.

That being said, I did find the small Centrifuge.  It needs some work, but I'll see if I can add it.

I know. I keep hoping against hope that Porkjet would hand off assets that aren't locked down by Squad. ;.;

Good news about the centrifuge. If I find the collider fix post, I'll share that.

Edited by LitaAlto

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

And are you sure it was for this one (and not the original centrifuge from the old Habitat Pack)?

Ah, no, that was for the original centrifuge. Sounds like you already picked up the fixed version. It's very simple. If if doesn't blow up on the launch pad or when expanding it, it's fixed :D

Edited by Kerbart

@linuxgurugamer here we go.  Bundled is Layered Animations by Starwaster which has a license of Unlicence. The licence for the centrifuge by Porkjet is  I understand is CC-BY. This will only be a temporary link. 

Peace.

EDIT - Kerbalism's alogarithm for working out surface area doesn't work so good with this :/ I think you can specify though in a cfg - I just haven't yet

EDIT2 - removed link.  PM me if you want it.

Edited by theJesuit

54 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

@linuxgurugamer here we go.  Bundled is Layered Animations by Starwaster which has a license of Unlicence. The licence for the centrifuge by Porkjet is  I understand is CC-BY. This will only be a temporary link. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vy4b67qrspldhvi/PorkjetOldCentrifuge.zip?dl=0

Peace.

EDIT - Kerbalism's alogarithm for working out surface area doesn't work so good with this :/ I think you can specify though in a cfg - I just haven't yet

Thanks, got it.

After looking at it, I see it's the old one, I have the new one already

15 minutes ago, Ventzi said:

Log - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4fFcVxVOPBAOTFuRE9jY2dtcDQ/view?usp=sharing
Hello, the infltable parts do not show up in VAB but they are showing in R&D tree, iam using the stock tree. the other parts are working however

Are you in a career or science mode game?

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you in a career or science mode game?

i tried changing the name of the part in the config and removed the first two letters :TI so that it was called inflato1 and it now shows up. however doesnt have the USI LS modules.

2 hours ago, Ventzi said:

i tried changing the name of the part in the config and removed the first two letters :TI so that it was called inflato1 and it now shows up. however doesnt have the USI LS modules.

You can't willy-nilly change part names.  Those names are significant and can't change

The part shows up in the Utility section.

If it isn't there (I just installed via CKAN to test), then you have another problem.

So, do the following:

1. Delete the entire directory
  2. Install it again, preferably using CKAN
  3. Start the game and see if it's there
  4. If it isn't there, send me the following files:
  • output_log.txt
  • ModuleManager.ConfigCache

20 hours ago, theJesuit said:

No no no no no! Layered Animations is obsolete and is no longer necessary! The stock ModuleAnimateGeneric already has support for layers and I have discontinued Layered Animations.

All references to ModuleLayeredAnimator can and should be safely replaced with ModuleAnimateGeneric.

I can't guarantee that it will continue to be safe to use, now more than ever given that Parts with a dependent un-updated PartModule can crash KSP 1.3.0

Everyone should discontinue use of my animator and switch to the stock version and should not encourage others to use the old version. Seriously. Can crash KSP 1.3.0

Edited by Starwaster

Got a bug report.

There are now two sets of lifesupport patches in the distribution -- one in "lifesupport" and one in "patches". Both get applied, resulting in multiple copies of life support modules. I am pretty sure this confuses USI-LS at least, (two identical right click menu items collide, it starts lying about the remaining hab time) not sure about the others.

Previously, life support configuration was part of the part config itself, so that's definitely new. :)

Also, shouldn't TIorbitalorb have a hab module too?

18 hours ago, Mihara said:

Got a bug report.

There are now two sets of lifesupport patches in the distribution -- one in "lifesupport" and one in "patches". Both get applied, resulting in multiple copies of life support modules. I am pretty sure this confuses USI-LS at least, (two identical right click menu items collide, it starts lying about the remaining hab time) not sure about the others.

Previously, life support configuration was part of the part config itself, so that's definitely new. :)

Thanks for the report.  I'll review both sets, one set is new, was a new config by @JadeOfMaar

19 hours ago, Mihara said:

Got a bug report.

I made a mistake, working on fixing it how.

Basicly, I asked @JadeOfMaar to review all the LS stuff.  He sent me some new files which were supposed to REPLACE the old ones, instead I just added them :-(

Anyway, I've updated it for a new release:  0.1.6

• Removed old LS files, moved into Extras directory
  • Added Small Centrifuge

Note that some of the LS settings have changed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.