The Kerbal rp room

Rocketscience101

Does anyone remember the Kerbal roleplay room, where we carved out the land masses of kerbin to have a little nation roleplay. It used to take up the space where the fan art section is. All I remember is it was eventually replaced because it started strange wars and a hostile environment. 

Follow up question. Did anyone have a nation, and if so what was its name and what was its most notable achievement?

mine was the sontorum republic, we where a small glacial islands far south of the desert continent. I never did anything noteworthy during the time the rp room was available.

I have not heard of it, probably because roleplaying in any form has been banned on the forums by Community Rule 2.2j: Roleplay, e.g. acting as a Kerbal, creating fictional organizational hierarchy amongst users and/or interactions of fictitious entities of an oppositional nature;

I believe the reason for this ban was roleplaying leading to conflict between users.

5 hours ago, Krulliam said:

How does one even act like a Kerbal? That's the real question :/

"Arizona Highway Patrol were mystified when they came upon a pile of smoldering wreckage embedded in the side of a cliff rising above the road at the apex of a curve. The metal debris resembled the site of an airplane crash, but it turned out to be the vaporized remains of an automobile. The make of the vehicle was unidentifiable at the scene.

The folks in the lab finally figured out what it was, and pieced together the events that led up to its demise.

It seems that a former Air Force sergeant had somehow got hold of a JATO (Jet Assisted Take-Off) unit. JATO units are solid fuel rockets used to give heavy military transport airplanes an extra push for take-off from short airfields.

Dried desert lakebeds are the location of choice for breaking the world ground vehicle speed record. The sergeant took the JATO unit into the Arizona desert and found a long, straight stretch of road. He attached the JATO unit to his car, jumped in, accelerated to a high speed, and fired off the rocket.

The facts, as best as could be determined, are as follows:

The operator was driving a 1967 Chevy Impala. He ignited the JATO unit approximately 3.9 miles from the crash site. This was established by the location of a prominently scorched and melted strip of asphalt. The vehicle quickly reached a speed of between 250 and 300 mph and continued at that speed, under full power, for an additional 20-25 seconds. The soon-to-be pilot experienced G-forces usually reserved for dog-fighting F-14 jocks under full afterburners.

The Chevy remained on the straight highway for approximately 2.6 miles (15-20 seconds) before the driver applied the brakes, completely melting them, blowing the tires, and leaving thick rubber marks on the road surface. The vehicle then became airborne for an additional 1.3 miles, impacted the cliff face at a height of 125 feet, and left a blackened crater 3 feet deep in the rock.

Most of the driver's remains were not recovered; however, small fragments of bone, teeth, and hair were extracted from the crater, and fingernail and bone shards were removed from a piece of debris believed to be a portion of the steering wheel."

http://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1995-04.html

That's how! 

Edited by Haruspex

On 7/13/2017 at 4:00 PM, Jas0n said:

I have not heard of it, probably because roleplaying in any form has been banned on the forums by Community Rule 2.2j: Roleplay, e.g. acting as a Kerbal, creating fictional organizational hierarchy amongst users and/or interactions of fictitious entities of an oppositional nature;

I believe the reason for this ban was roleplaying leading to conflict between users.

In addition I think a moderator (I believe it's our resident banana ninja :) ) said that there's also a big issue with getting political and claiming chunks of Kerbin.

11 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

In addition I think a moderator (I believe it's our resident banana ninja :) ) said that there's also a big issue with getting political and claiming chunks of Kerbin.

That was made-up politics, so it was just plain arguing. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.