Items and functions in mods aren't working

Hey, people,

I just got into modding and I've downloaded a few mods. Most of them aren't functioning properly and KSP doesn't recognize that modded parts are even there. The only ones that are working right are MechJeb 2 and SCANsat, and even SCANsat is causing the font to be pixelated or square like. The mods are put into Kerbal Space Program>Gamedata. Mods downloaded include: MechJeb 2, SCANsat, Kerbal Engineer Redux, Planetary Base Systems, Near Future Solar, TweakScale, and TacLifeSupport. None of these mods work alone or with the other mods. Please help.

Edit> MechJeb and SCANsat work alone and with each other fine, I forgot to clarify that in the second to last sentence.

Edited by KerbalGamer365
Clarification Error

As usual at least 95% of all mod related issues are caused by (in order of likelihood):

1. Incompatible or outdated mods.
  2. Incorrect installation
  3. Missing or conflicting dependencies.

In other words:

1. Only install mods that are compatible with your current KSP version. Old (not updated) mods might not work on the latest KSP while updated mods might not work on older KSP versions.
  2. Closely follow the installation instructions!
  3. If a mod description states it is dependant on an other mod accept that statement as a fact. You WILL need it.
Edited by Tex_NL

Thank you, but I figured everything out on my own. I was putting the entire folder titled "gamedata" into the gamedata folder and the were files in there that were I guess stopping the mod from loading properly I guess. That is why MechJeb 2 and SCANsat were working, because those come in their folders, not in the gamedata folder. Thank you for your help anyways.

P. S. The mod TacLifeSupport still won't work even though it has no gamedata folder. v1.2.2, TacLifeSupport is put where the online tutorial tells me: Kerbal Space Program>GameData. Squad and ThunderInc. (the TacLifeSupport incorporation) are located in that folder. 

10 hours ago, KerbalGamer365 said:

Thank you, but I figured everything out on my own. I was putting the entire folder titled "gamedata" into the gamedata folder and the were files in there that were I guess stopping the mod from loading properly I guess. That is why MechJeb 2 and SCANsat were working, because those come in their folders, not in the gamedata folder. Thank you for your help anyways.

Glad you figured it out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.