[KSP 1.3.0] Graphic Overhaul for Kargantua & Kolyphemus Systems

Davian Lin

So,  a few months ago I helped to @Artyomka15 with the graphics for mods Kargantua and Kolyphemus Systems...
And... It is time to update graphics for these wonderful mods.

Graphic Overhaul for Kargantua & Kolyphemus Systems

sr1YkkG.png

What's included in the Graphics Overhaul for Kargantua System?

• Clouds for all atmospheric planets
  • Lightnings
  • Duststorms
  • Auroras
  • Atmospheric scattering for Limmer, Namm and Admun (you can take off your helments on Limmer and Admun)
  • Underwater effects for Limmer
  • Fully compatible with the GEA v6.1 Release
  • Spoiler
    • f72JBxI.jpg

5Tt2hkk.jpg

zsgUbo0.jpg

ZEJEhYz.png

sr1YkkG.png

• Download Graphic Overhaul for Kargantua System from SpaceDock
  • What's included in the Graphics Overhaul for Kolyphemus System?

• Clouds for atmospheric planets
  • Lightnings
  • Auroras
  • Atmospheric scattering for Pandoor, Moei and Kolyphemus (you can take off your helments on Pandoor)
  • Underwater effects for Pandoor and Moei
  • Fully compatible with the GEA v6.1 Release
  • Spoiler
    • lLB1w6R.png

W38m7Re.png

C9twx8S.png

00CKiTe.png

wmR1Y3o.png

• Download Graphic Overhaul for Kolyphemus System from SpaceDock

This mods licensed by CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0
Edited by Artem Kerman

I don't get it. These graphic overhauls are basically copy-pastes of the Graphics Enhancement Assembly, including the configs for the default planets in the Kargantua overhaul (counterintuitive and basically forcing the everyday user to use GEA in conjunction with this mod), plus configs for the said systems that overwrite the default ones. Why not just make them a set of configs for GEA, rather than including the entirety of GEA with it? 

I don't see why either mods require graphic overhauls. Their stock visuals are already quite nice, what does need overhauling is their technology, INSTANTIATOR, the black hole, terrain, they all seem to be bugged in KSP 1.3.

Edited by themaster401

1 hour ago, themaster401 said:

I don't get it. These graphic overhauls are basically copy-pastes of the Graphics Enhancement Assembly, including the configs for the default planets in the Kargantua overhaul (counterintuitive and basically forcing the everyday user to use GEA in conjunction with this mod), plus configs for the said systems that overwrite the default ones. Why not just make them a set of configs for GEA, rather than including the entirety of GEA with it? 

I don't see why either mods require graphic overhauls. Their stock visuals are already quite nice, what does need overhauling is their technology, INSTANTIATOR, the black hole, terrain, they all seem to be bugged in KSP 1.3.

Hmm. Good idea. I can do for GEA different configs, but I have made graphics for mod, is almost completely taken from the assembly, but with amendments. In principle, as in the previous version.

23 hours ago, themaster401 said:

INSTANTIATOR,

Agreed.

My log files are being spammed and range over 100MB in size.

***Applying a "type = CUBE" to a STAR will cause solar flux calculation errors thrown by modular flight integrator. This is because it interferes with the light from the star and blocks it so Kopernicus gets confused.

instantiator severely needs optimisation - I'll be dropping it from GPO soon.

Edited by Gameslinx

On 23.07.2017 at 10:30 PM, Starslinger999 said:

Do I install this With GEA or just this?

In the "Graphics Overhaul" graphics only for Kargantua/Kolyphemus mods, it is in other folders. So, with the GEA should not be conflicts, because GEA added only graphic for stock planets.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

Does that mean this will work in 1.3.1?

Stop. Spamming. Forum. Threads. With. Compatibility. Inquiries.

Use your common sense. If the title says 1.3.0, it is almost 100% likely to be compatible with 1.3.1. If it says 1.2.2, it is most likely not to be compatible with 1.3.x. Period.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.