And i have one question what you think about "leadership initiatives" strategy does is worth spending on it?

Pawelk198604

if you are in the same style that i am, i will say forget everything else other than science points and pay all your effort on two things:

1. spaceplane parts and nuclear engine

2. station parts and surface base

the reason behind it is once you unlock spaceplane and nuclear, you can go anywhere you want for free, or nearly free if you can't land your SSTO right on the runway, you could transfer tourist for money by SSTO and also deliver satellites with cargo SSTO, just imagine it that you pay nothing to transfer anything into space! you could evencut off the funds for propellant if you set a refueling station just beside the runway, launch with empty fuel tank and refuel after landing, think about it, you may get money from the launch because you go with empty and back with full of fuel : the only resource you used is ore, which is free.

and there need not that much explain on why you need to have station parts, it's pretty obvious that you can get lots of science point from a small amount of data, and it's not a dream to unlock everything by a LKO station.

BTW, station is still useful after you unlock every single parts, the science point could convert into funds by using one of the strategy and it's really large amount of money...

I never use any of the initiatives at all.. they seem a bit underwhelming to me. I never want to trade money for science (progression becomes too fast that way - also why I limit the use of science labs). Trading science for money seems crazy seeing as money is never an issue after the early game.. that might just be me though haha :P

For me, my strategy of using administration building basically goes like this:

-early game, I need to unlock tech tree, so do some low level contract to get money and some science and level up administration building to max

-unlock aircraft parts, make sure not to go suborbital first (or leave atmosphere)

-once a tourist contract start popping up, get it (as long as I don't leave the atmosphere, the tourist contract will still limited to atmospheric flight)

-activate "Outsourced RnD" strategy and set it to max or at 75%(convert all gained money into science). tourist contract give a lot of money but no science, thus changing all that money into science. And since it only involves atmospheric flight, jet engines are very fuel effcient and with good piloting skill, I can take a tourist to their destination and land back on KSC to make it so that the only thing I had to paid every launch is just fuel

-once all tech tree unlocked, disable "Outsourced RnD" and set "Leadership initiative" to max (so my new objective is not to unlock tech tree, but exploring new places, it's basically encouraging rewarding exploration without being burdened by contract for those who's too lazy to do it and just want to go far away)

Since I almost exclusively do Contract driven gameplay (because I like it that way), I wouldn't dream of using Leadership initiative.

My usual gameplay looks like this:

- Early launches to grab the easy science of atmosphere and Low space
- Kerbin Orbit missions until I get tired of them (Satellites, Tourists)
- Probes to the Mun
- Manned Munar landing
- Upgrade Mission center to maximum, constantly check for interesting contracts and accept them, building a large base of stuff I can do when the urge strikes me
- Now I have enough funds that money won't be an issue, as I'm usually trying for maximum efficiency (without using spaceplanes), so I start to use rep+funds->science strategies to get the stuff I want faster.

I've used it before in an earlier version. Seemed like all the contracts that were coming up weren't cost-effective to even bother with, and I was at the point where I was about to start in-depth exploration of the Mun and Minmus. I used leadership initiative to increase the value of exploration. With a reusable lander and space station in orbit of Minmus, all you need is periodic resupply/crew rotations and to bring the science home. At this point I didn't have mining tech, but Minmal gravity is low enough that not much fuel is needed. If a contract asks to deploy a small probe around Minmus, you can piggyback it on a supply ship rather than launching a dedicated mission. The payout is less because of the strategy but it's cheaper to send as you're going there anyway.

This should give enough of a science boost to gain the tech you need to reach Duna without having to grind away at tourist contracts and convert the funds into science via outsourced R&D. It depends on how you want to play.

I'd like to see a funding model whereby you get a certain amount of funds from central government. If you do lots of exploration, the Kerbin Government budget increases. Sit around waiting for government funding to come in and it would decay away to nothing. The idea being to stop players timewarping for infinite funds. You could then take private contracts as well to supplement your income. For now, using Leadership Initiative tends to slightly rebalance the game in this direction.

On 7/24/2017 at 4:59 AM, FlyingPete said:

I'd like to see a funding model whereby you get a certain amount of funds from central government. If you do lots of exploration, the Kerbin Government budget increases. Sit around waiting for government funding to come in and it would decay away to nothing. The idea being to stop players timewarping for infinite funds. You could then take private contracts as well to supplement your income.

Get Monthly Funding, pretty sure it does all of that.

If you are asking "[strategy]  is worth?"  the answer is probably not,  regardless of which strategy we are talking about.  

Chances are that you didn't understood the adjustments to you gameplay you need to get most out of the strategy. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.