Problems with quicksave

Hey,

I don't know if I am posting this on the right place, just singed in and not really in the system. So I got a question, since a few days I got a really weird problem in KSP, from a certain point I just can't quicksave anymore while playing. I can quickload but I can't quicksave and its extremely annoying. In addition to this I also can't leave the flight, meaning I can't go back to the KSC or the tracking center. I don't know what triggers this but I can after I start flying I can normally make a quicksave, then I fly a probe to the Mun to land it and while flying there I can also quicksave, but as soon as I get a bit closer to the surface I just can't save anymore or leave to the KSP. It's really annoying and I don't know what to to about it. Has anyone experience with a situation like this or does anyone know what to do about this? I really just want to finish build my Mun Base :(

Edited by xXTWINGGOXx

What do you mean by "can't quicksave" and "can't leave the flight"? Does the game give you any warnings?

Also, what mods are you using? Maybe one of them is broken, or maybe two or more don't interact well.

35 minutes ago, monstah said:

What do you mean by "can't quicksave" and "can't leave the flight"? Does the game give you any warnings?

Also, what mods are you using? Maybe one of them is broken, or maybe two or more don't interact well.

No its not giving ma a warning or anything its just not reacting at all, but I can as I said quickload. I'm going to upload my modlist when I have found out how :) but I don't think that there are any mods interfering with another because I was playing with the same set before too.

So here is my modlist, just copied from ckan. Sorry if its long

B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings 
B9 Part Switch 
BahamutoD Animation Modules 
BDArmory Weapons Extension 
BDArmoryContinued 
BetterBurnTime 
Community Resource Pack 
Community Tech Tree
DarkMultiPlayer
Dynamic Battery Storage
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS)
Environmental Visual Enhancements
Environmental Visual Enhancements - Stock Planet Config files
EVA Parachutes & Ejection Seats 
Firespitter Core
HyperEdit
IndicatorLights 
Interstellar Fuel Switch Core
Kerbal Attachment System 
Kerbal Inventory System 
Kerbal-Konstructs
Kerbin-Side Complete continued 
KerbinSide Core 
Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics
Maneuver Node Evolved 
MechJeb 2
Mk2 Stockalike Expansion
Mk3 Stockalike Expansion
ModularFlightIntegrator
Module Manager 
Near Future Construction 
Near Future Electrical 
Near Future Electrical Core 
Near Future IVA Props 
Near Future Propulsion 
Near Future Solar 
Near Future Solar Core
Near Future Spacecraft
Physics Range Extender 
QuantumStrutsContinued
QuizTech Aero Pack
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! 

• 10 months later...

Got the same problem just today... my game just doesnt save. and at any autosave events (like returning to KSC midflight or entering the tracking station) just doesnt proceed.
i can load games just fine, but the game just doesn't create a save file (autosave, manual quicksave or f5 quicksave)

• 4 years later...
On 2/13/2023 at 6:49 PM, KCreate said:

For anyone stumbling over this problem in 2023, this problem was caused by the mod TweakScale - Rescale Everything!.

I uninstalled the mod and it started working again.

The problem is caused by double patching. The TweakScale code that tries to survive the problem got a regression on 2.6.4.22 that leaded to this unfortunate problem.

The latest TweakScale 2.4.6.23 fixed the problem.

Be advised that only installations infected with the double patching problem were affected. Installations with sane patchings weren't affected (as the code that suffered the regressions are only triggered on faulty installations).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.