StarMods: Tokamak Industries Refurbished Parts!

SQUAD

To be perfectly honest, I think @linuxgurugamer at this point needs a monument or something within KSP to honor his role of keeping fun and useful mods alive as they get abandoned by modders from lack of time, energy, or drive. (You have to admit it: the breaking changes that come with new KSP versions for some mods must frustrate those modders to no end.)

Remember: half the fun in KSP comes from mods. It sometimes feels like he keeps half of those mods alive.

On 22.7.2017 at 1:40 AM, StahnAileron said:

To be perfectly honest, I think @linuxgurugamer at this point needs a monument or something within KSP to honor his role of keeping fun and useful mods alive as they get abandoned by modders from lack of time, energy, or drive. (You have to admit it: the breaking changes that come with new KSP versions for some mods must frustrate those modders to no end.)

Remember: half the fun in KSP comes from mods. It sometimes feels like he keeps half of those mods alive.

This point is so important! 

One major reason why mods get Abandoned is = That every time a new ksp version is released then it typical break a mod, so the modder have to repair/adjust the mod ever time.
Some modders/players have been here for years and some might not play ksp much or have an interest in it anymore... Just saying it would have been better if once a mod is created that it will work forever and dont need updates a few times every year.
To my humble oppinion squad's way they created their game and how mods need to be updated every time is a terrible solution.

1 hour ago, Peder said:

One major reason why mods get Abandoned is = That every time a new ksp version is released then it typical break a mod, so the modder have to repair/adjust the mod ever time.
Some modders/players have been here for years and some might not play ksp much or have an interest in it anymore... Just saying it would have been better if once a mod is created that it will work forever and dont need updates a few times every year.
To my humble oppinion squad's way they created their game and how mods need to be updated every time is a terrible solution.

That's not really possible...Anything changed in the code could potentially break a mod. The only way to do what you're asking would be to never change the code. This isn't a case of bad planning / coding on the part of Squad. This is just a fact of life with software.

On 7/24/2017 at 9:08 AM, Peder said:

There have been very few mods which I've looked at which required huge amounts of work to update.  In most cases, it was less than an hour to update.

Parts mods are different, in that physics has changed, and it takes time to update and validate each part.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.