Multiplayer

On my latest time-warp aerobrake fiasco, I noticed the elapsed time was 29 days... I figured, "Meh, not too bad..."  I then noticed there was a "Y3" next to the "D29"

Not so sure the time scales in this game make it a viable 2-player experience.

Edited by XLjedi

The last thread about multiplayer is still on the first page...

Personally i think if they do it right it would be nice, but it probably won't happen at this point.

17 hours ago, dukbob said:

also how do i fly?

To fly a plane, use WASD for pitch and yaw. Use Q and E for roll. Shift and control are your throttle keys, G activates gear, L activates lights, and B activates brakes. 

To fly a rocket, (This will be very simple and will be in the "Kerbal X")

1. Hit the "Z" key to go full throttle. 
  2. Hit "spacebar" to release your first stage. (Launchclamps/booster)
  3. Once you hear a flameout, press spacebar again to release your next stage. (Keep on dong this for 2 more times until your rocket looks like a pencil)
  4. At 8,000 meters, keel over to 90 degrees on your navball by using "D". This will begin a gravity turn, which uses both thrust and gravity to attain an orbit.
  5. At 10,000 meters, keel over again using "D" Until your spacecraft is lined up with the white line on the navball. 
  6. Look at your map view during this. Once your Apoapsis is 75 Km, cut throttle. 
  7. Set up a maneuver node at your Ap to circularize. 
  8. After circularizing, you are now in orbit!

SECTION 2: Getting back down. 

1. at any point in your orbit, turn :retrograde: (retrograde) until your periapsis reads at least 50 km. This is now a sub-orbital trajectory. 
  2. Disengage any extra boosters/engines until you only have the capsule, parachute, and heat shield. DO NOT ENGAGE THE PARACHUTE YET
  3. As SOON as the parachute icon on the left of the screen goes white, SLAM the spacebar to engage. 
  4. If you engaged the chute when it was white, congratulations! You will now safely float to the surface, and your Kerbals will not be violently killed! :D 

ADVANCED AIRCRAFT FLIGHT, part 1: [Takeoff]

1. You start on the runway. Make sure your parking brakes are on by pressing the icon in the top of the screen. 
  2. Hit "Z" and then start the engine by pressing "Spacebar" 

When you hit about 250 M/s, gently pull up with "S" You are now airborne! Do whatever you want now by using W/A/S/D/Q/E.

Part 2: [Landing]

1. Line up with the runway. 

reduce speed to around 75 m/s.  Hit "G to activate landing gear.  As soon as you hit the runway, hold "B" to activate brakes.  hit "X" to cut throttle. 

Edited by Lo Var Lachland
That's strange. My last parts some up as crossed out. Don't worry, they are still good instructions. :D

No. No. Not ever. Why? Glad ya asked!

1. Mod compatibility

2. Time Warp

3.  KSP is a single player game that is not suited for multiplayer

4. Part counts

5. Trolls

6. Trolls

7. I mention trolls yet?

8. Time Warp

9. Part Counts

10. KSP is a single player game that is not suited for multiplayer

11. Mod compatibility

I listed several items multiple times because they are HUGE barriers to the idea. 

Original post time 22:32:30

Edited by AlamoVampire

LOL

3 & 10 are already proven not true by mods. 1, 2, 4, 8 & 11 are technical but solvable. 5,6 & 7 can't be solved without getting better friends. 

Still not expecting it to happen at this stage.

@mattinoz KSP is designed from code line 1 character 1 by harvester i think it was as single player. So just because a mod kinda sorta iffied multiplayer in a (from what ive heard) in a brokenish kind of way does not now nor ever repudiate the fact it was designed and intended single player.

Time Warp is a MAJOR factor that is 100% mandatory for KSP to be playable for anything beyond low kerbal orbit. Period.

I cannot play with you if you use Parts Pack A and I do not. Period. Just like say I use Parts Pack B and you avoid it like the plague you cannot interact with me. No way to avoid that either.

You run a computer with a super computer like performance that can run 40000+ part ships? I envy you! Lets say mine in this example would get a frame per millennia at 1/100th that part count... 

Unless they make it so you are on your own private server where only those you trust can access it (a fiscal nightmare id wager to fund that kind of infrastructure and cost prohibitive too) the multiplayer would need to be general public access and anonymity shielding that is the internet means trolls. Means bad crap will happen. Cant be stopped.

Its just not practical.

original post time 01:09:30

There's already a mod that shows how time warp and modded copies of KSP can be handled, quite admirably given it's a hack over a single player game.

There have also been many, many threads asking about multiplayer, and they all seem to end up like this, with people arguing it shouldn't be allowed, versus people who would really rather like multiplayer. So methinks I'll lock this thread up before it gets any worse.

Edited by technicalfool
Add DMP link