Import KSP Ships in Blender

Hi, i downloaded this addon for blender to import ships from ksp because i want to make animations but every time i try to import .craft files i get this error.

https://imgur.com/a/bJAhy

I've tried a couple of fixes listed by others in the comments of the original post, but none of them seem to have worked. (Most of them were Mac and i am using Windows 10).

Does anyone know what's wrong here? Is there a newer version of this plugin? Last update seems to be around 2 years ago.

Also, im using Blender 2.78 and KSP 1.3 without mods.

Edited by ofetios

Hello, and welcome to the forums! :)

This doesn't really belong in the tech support forum, since it's not any problem with KSP itself or any KSP mods.  Moving it to "Modeling & Texturing Discussion", since it's mainly about working with Blender, and that's where those folks tend to hang out.  :wink:

If you look in that thread the comments are pretty much still valid. the current version of KSP uses very different Config inner workings to the version that this addon was built for. It's unlikely that (without a recompile for the latest version of PartTools etc) this addon is only going to work with KSP 1.1.3, see this post:

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.