[STOCK] MiG-29A Fulcrum

5TF1df2.jpg

INTRODUCTION

Yet another revamped version of my MiG-29A replica i made about a year ago or so. This one undergone some considerable changes which added some important details present on the real 29. The MiG-29 was the Soviet answer to the rising threat of US frontline fighters such as the F-16 being fielded on a large scale. The Soviet Air Force needed a light, easy to maintain and competitive fighter to support the Su-27 and thus, the MiG-29 was born. It was the trademark 4th gen frontline fighter of the Soviets and, over the years, it underwent many modifications which ensured that it remained competitive to this day. The A version was the initial production variant fielded by the Soviet Air Force in 1982. It is powered by twin Klimov RD-33 turbojet engines which, given the small size of the airframe, allow the MiG-29 to achieve a whopping TWR of 1.09 on reheat. The power outputs of the engines are, just like on the Eagle posted earlier, modeled correctly down to 0.1kN of static thrust. The weight is also very representative of the real Fulcrum and thus, this aircraft approximates the real aircraft's performance well.

FW791R9.jpg

FEATURES

Just to name a few:

1. True to the original engine performance and weight. (Activate the reheat with AG 1)

2. Functional flaps activated with AG 2

3. Correctly placed airbrake mounted in the rear activated through AG 3

4. Correctly placed drogue chute activated through staging.

5. Alot of minor detailing with antennas, the infrared sensor bulb on the nose etc.

HOW TO FLY

Quite similar to the Eagle, but lighter and perhaps a bit slower at some altitudes. Airbrakes and flaps can be used for slowing down the airframe. Take off at approx 55m/s, land at a similar speed. Watch out for stalling since the aircraft can drop it's speed very low through turning due to how agile it is.

rAvCev5.jpg

Fly safe and have fun. I am eagerly waiting for your feedback so if you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them here!

DOWNLOAD LINK

https://kerbalx.com/EvenFlow/MiG-29A

Updated on 22-07-2017, V1.1

CHANGELOG

1.0 - initial release

1.1 - fixed the main landing gear not being straight which caused problems on takeoff.

Edited by EvenFlow

17 minutes ago, Skylon said:

THese are amazing! You should start a craft page and put them all in one place

I've been thinking about doing just that, but i don't have all that many sufficiently high-quality craft racked up yet. I've recently sorted out some university stuff IRL, and thus I should have more time to create content. The Wyvern and 190D are practically the only brand-new craft, the Tu-95, F-15 and MiG-29 all just got revamped and recieved some detailing to make them higher quality. After about two, three more craft which i should be releasing sometime this week i will probably create a repository to keep stuff neatly organized. c:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.