Blue Origin's New Shepard landing recreation using kRPC mod

janw23

Hello everyone!

I want to share with you my project called 'New Kepard'. It was inspired by New Shepard rocket landing:

My goal was to recreate it in KSP using the kRPC mod which allows you to write your own scripts to control the vessel.

The developement of the project took me much longer than I had originally thought (more than 100 hours). Writing the program which controls the rocket was not the hardest thing. Bugfixing, tweaking, testing and ensuring that the code is prepared for every possible flight scenario was what I spent the most of the time (~75%) on. I am now very happy that I made it to the end and didn't give up.

I created two films about my project:

The first one was edited to be similar to the original Blue Origin's video

The goal of the second film is to show what my project is and how to use it

Code and the craft are avaliebe to download on GitHub.

I hope you like what I've done :D

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I love this...but I'm new at KSP and just learning. I have kRPC installed and running, but am unable to get your controller to connect. Can you give a brief description of the installation and any other items I might need to make this work.

Thanks...

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :D  Turned out that I had to update the project for the latest version of KRPC. It should work now (I checked it on KSP 1.4.1). You should be able to run this by starting a new KRPC server in the game, and then clicking the launch button in controller window. Please, tell me if you still have any problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.