d3d9.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module d3d9.dll at 0033:3605fd0c.

Build: build id = 01622
2016.12.06 at 08:30:17 CET
Branch: master
 Version 1.2.2

System specs:

i7 5930k stock clocked

32GB HyperX Savage DDR4 RAM

2 X EVGA GTX 1080 founders edition GPU's in SLI

1TB M.2 boot drive

2 X 1TB SSD's in striped array for game drive

Display 3440 X 1440 @ 100Hz

When I try and launch game I get an access violation error before I even get to the load screen. I have previously been using 1.3 build with no issues but for some reason this started happening last night. I downgraded to 1.2.2 to see if that changed anything and it didn't.

I have completely wiped the game folder and reinstalled through steam, checked integrity of the game files, downgraded to a previous version, made sure all of my drivers are up to date. Swapped out RAM to be sure there wasn't a physical reason for the memory error.

Link to files: http://dropcanvas.com/ran3x

Edited by Keirgarth

Launching in DX11 doesn't create this issue. Mostly it's caused by either a lack of RAM or by a mod that isn't updated well.
That's probably the reason it does work on 1.2.2. 
Make sure all your mods are made for the current version of your KSP. 

15 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

Launching in DX11 doesn't create this issue. Mostly it's caused by either a lack of RAM or by a mod that isn't updated well.
That's probably the reason it does work on 1.2.2. 
Make sure all your mods are made for the current version of your KSP. 

Unfortunately this is a vanilla install, no mods at all. The issue is persistent between both versions I have tried. 2 weeks ago everything was working fine with version 1.3 and nothing has changed on my system since that time.

I just had this problem. Took me hours to work out it was Riva tuner running in the background. My x32 would work but not x64. I found the same access violation warning. I then realized I'd ticked the overlay box in afterburner which I believe uses Riva.

Uninstalled Riva and boom! Game ran as normal.

Might not be the same in your case but maybe check your background monitoring/fps software. 

Edited by DeadJoe

32 minutes ago, DeadJoe said:

I just had this problem. Took me hours to work out it was Riva tuner running in the background. My x32 would work but not x64. I found the same access violation warning. I then realized I'd ticked the overlay box in afterburner which I believe uses Riva.

Uninstalled Riva and boom! Game ran as normal.

Might not be the same in your case but maybe check your background monitoring/fps software. 

I should have remembered this from long ago when I ran into it before, but thank you. This resolved the issue. I had turned on fps overlay in Afterburner to check pubg performance and it installed the Rivatuner again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.