Operating Systems Used for KSP

something

What Operating System do You Use to Run KSP?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. What Operating System do You Use to Run KSP?

• Linux (please specify distribution and desktop environment)
    • Mac OS (Apples and Gravity do have some link at least)
    • Windows (please state your version of windows)
    • Consoles (please state console)
    • Other (please specify)

I know there have been similar polls in the past, but I am interested in the current distribution since the console version has been released for a while now and I am not aware of any poll since then. In particular I want to know if the OS distribution has changed in the past year(s)...

So, what kind of OS do you use to run KSP? And do you have any reasons for using the one you do use?

Kubuntu 14.04 LTS - it's just that I prefer the KDE over Gnome and Unity...also since adding K to every word is one of the loading hints, I assume that KDE is the official DE of KSP?

Windows 10, I play other games that require it and it's easier for me to buy a laptop with a proper GPU on it if my wife feels like she can use it. I've also played on my work machine, which was Mint 17 for quite some time.

13 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

Windows 10, reason: am a masochist and love complaining about things.

Every OS is utter crap on some point.

Debian testing, because that's what I've been running on my Linux machines since the late 90s. Window manager is Enlightenment, tracking the repository head. Didn't want to bother with a full-blown desktop environment, but wanted a bit more bling than the fluxbox install I have on other lightweight desktops. 

Windows 7. While Windows 10 is, in my experience, a less annoying OS to interact with than 8.1 (and I don't even want to think about 8) 7 beats both in terms of least obnoxious to use.

I suppose I'll eventually need to move to Windows 10, but that can wait for a core hardware upgrade. I use 7 at home and both 7 and 10 at work, and some feature changes that took place after 7 are annoying bordering on frustrating; I've found some workarounds that help but I've never needed to worry about those issues with 7.

I'm really glad Linux exists and is a capable and enjoyable alternative to Windows, but I find that I appreciate Windows compatibility and ease of use over Linux's flexibility and price tag.

Windows 10 - has not bothered me more or less than any other version - but I am just a gamer and know very little, do very little behind the scenes, so ... :)

Always wanted to try and see if KSP runs better under Linux - any insights?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.