How to rename subassembly

There isn't away to rename a subassembly, but you can get around this by selecting the subassembly you want to rename, dropping it in the subassembly drop box, then naming and writing the new description, and then deleting the old one. And what do you mean by "subassembly catergories?" :)

27 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

And what do you mean by "subassembly catergories?"

You can create custom subassembly catergories to sort them (for example launchers, upper stages, rovers) 

Re-create and then delete old one is the way I use now, but it's not very convenient... I was thinking I'm missing the right way to do it, but... sigh...

By the way, subassembly catergories can be edited by right clicking, would be cool if @SQUAD will implement right click editing for subassembly itself... And indicate cost in subassemblies list as well... Dreams, dreams..

Edited by evileye.x

10 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

<gasp> how did I not know this? 80% of my subassemblies are going in the "Missile" catergory...

What! I didnt know that! I must start experimenting!

11 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

<gasp> how did I not know this? 80% of my subassemblies are going in the "Missile" catergory...

100% of mine goes in " full-fledged craft category" :D  Because the unfortunately combination of not that much flexible with not that much necessary.

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to answer this myself... having "discovered" custom subcategories for subassemblies, I'm trying to sort my subassemblies into them, but can't figure out how.  I tried editing the SubassemblyCategories.cfg in GameData/Squad/Partlist but my edits weren't reflected in-game next time I did a full start-up and went into the VAB.  It may not be possible to move a subassembly from the 'root' subassembly folder to a custom subcategory, or from one custom subcategory to another, I guess...  :confused:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.