Mods to spice things up!

Ksp is kinda getting repetitive. You know, launch, orbit, escape kerbin, and so on. So I'm looking for any mods that could help spice things up a bit. Things like RSS and solar system rescale mods. Things that add a whole new way of doing things. Things that add another aspect. If you know any good mods to shake things up post them here!

For me any that ads Life-Support:

On 3/2/2017 at 5:24 PM, Gaarst said:
  • [1.3.0TAC Life Support, by JPLRepo - Adds life support mechanics to the game, with food, water, oxygen and electricity consumption and recycling mechanisms.
  • [1.3.0USI Life Support, by RoverDude - Adds a life support system in which Kerbals will stop working if they run out of supplies. Includes recycling mechanics compatible with other USI mods.

These are my two favourites life support mods. With these not only need to reach the destination and the come back, but if you don't make with enough supplies (or recyclers)  your kerbals will die during the flight. 

Yes, I know, you wanted a planets packs to explore new solar systems. Check the mod section.

There is a mod out there with procedurally generated solar systems. I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head, but I think that in addition with KSPI would spice things up a bit.

4 hours ago, RonnieThePotato said:

Ksp is kinda getting repetitive. You know, launch, orbit, escape kerbin, and so on. So I'm looking for any mods that could help spice things up a bit. Things like RSS and solar system rescale mods. Things that add a whole new way of doing things. Things that add another aspect. If you know any good mods to shake things up post them here!

Want to blow your mind? Install Modular Kolonization System and its recommended companion mods. Now try to build a self-sustaining colony on another world. We'll see you in a few months... :wink: 

(Disclaimer: MKS is one of the most complex mods out there. You will be flailing your arms in despair before long. But once you figure it out, it will blow your mind :P If you want to start less complex, a life support mod is a good starter, as was suggested further up.)

Something else to spice things up could be a different solar system to explore. Particularly, try New Horizons. You will find that Kerbin is no longer a planet, but a moon. Also, Kerbin no longer has moons of its own. This changes the game beyond low Kerbin orbit in a huge way, especially if you also run life support.

Finally, there are custom tech trees around, which aim to change the parts progression.

Change your "meta gaming", it will affect game more than mods. Career or not, KSP is still sandbox. People make trains, Rubik cubes, tanks, space disco, submarines without mods.

For example: I landed on few bodies in classic way, got bored, so I made up my own rules. Now I build career-driven spaceships and spacestations without, science strip mining, lab abuse and ISRU or other "cheats".

hzlFP4r.png

Stock game limited my possibilities so I gathered few mods to help me do what I want:

• Gigabyte or two of part mods.
  • Station Science gives sense to building and revisiting big stations
  • Life Support (TAC LS this time) makes you take care of station and space ships, vanilla Lab is sooo cheaty.
  • Life Support makes even classic rockets more complex, you can just land on Eve with just Mk1 Command Pod and waiting 20 years for encounter (been there, done that, stranded Kerbal there)
  • DeepFreeze. Because cryopods are scifi and life support have bad influence on rocket equation :wink:
  • Joint Reinforcement. Because phantom forces ripping your station to pieces and rockets strutted like ham with bondage fetish get boring after few years.
  • MechJeb. Offload repetitive task on computer, thats what they are made for. This station and ship on picture? Few dozen launches of same rocket with different payload. And that much yet again after I took that screenshot. And twice as many before I can launch my ship. BOOOOORRIIING. No, its not cheating. At the very least autonomous rockets are more realistic than nibbling stick while fighting cartoon physics. Ten encounter and docking maneuvers in a row with stock nodes? Never.
  • New Horizons (or other planet pack of choice). Because after few years you can get bored even with prepending that Dres exists.
  • Research Bodies . Not knowing how solar system looks makes you truly explore instead of just looking around in tracking station, and it helps with narrowing objectives to prevent being lost in plethora of targets.
  • Tweak Scale. See that orange tank? Its our little cute toroidal tank. I wanted big foily tank, but there was none, so I made one! Possibilities tend to be better than limitations when you want to have fun.
  • Near Future, or Interstellar if you want more SciFi, mods
  • Interplanetary Launchpads when you are bored of launching from Kerbin. (I think ab
  • KIS/KAS - it kinda suck to lose mission because KSP bugged out and broke antenna under fairing on ascent. Orbital repairs give (me, at least) a bit more immersion.
  • Infernal Robotics. My spaceship engines can fire retrograde!
Edited by PT

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.