Flaming Heatshield(modified version of moach's heatshield)

sirmonkey

here is my attempt to make a heatsink that can be activated to look like its really going through kearths atmosphere.. eventually this will become standard in the game but this will at least be a good place holder until then, enjoy.

for those of you that already have moach's heatsink this version is no longer a decoupler so keep that in mind.

notes:

when using this make sure you put the booster in its own stage so you don't accidentally trigger your parachute

your command pod WILL ALWAYS explode when it hits the ground.. there is no way to get around this until its fixed by harvester(or other coders).

burn time is 25 seconds(easy to edit in the cfg if you want it shorter or longer)

no the length of the flame can not be shortened or lengthened since the FX is part of the game.

when looking from below the capsule you will always see the bottom of the heatshield, there is no way to cover it with flames from that view angle. i spent almost 3 hours changing settings and retesting over and over, sorry.

download link:

http://www./?17b3cudc1ovx9sv

screenshots:

VCWmF.jpg

qHQ4E.png

here is a video of an earlier version of what i made before i perfected it.. it will give you a good idea on how it works..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7l8-pJxiUg

before anyone asks, yes i was given permission by Moach to post this.

if anyone has any problems or things i should change, feel free to let me know.

thanks.. wish there was a way to make it more automatic when you hit 36000m but so far scripting isn't supported yet in the game. but i can't wait to see what the real version looks like when harvester add's true atmospheric heat/friction and drag, should look sweet.

• 1 month later...

thanks.. wish there was a way to make it more automatic when you hit 36000m but so far scripting isn\'t supported yet in the game. but i can\'t wait to see what the real version looks like when harvester add\'s true atmospheric heat/friction and drag, should look sweet.

Could you maybe do this now with the definable parachute deployment altitude parameter???

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.