[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

Harvester said that Nova Silisko will make the planets and moons... http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/15757-KSP-0-17-Update

That link also mentions that HarvesteR works on the Scenarios, not Nova, so if the scenarios are being worked on, it doesn't mean that planets are finished. :)

Edited by Ted

That link also mentions that HarvesteR works on the Scenarios, not Nova, so if the scenarios are being worked on, it doesn't mean that planets are finished. :)

Actually it says "Training Scenarios: HarvesteR, Nova" :) But okay, I'll wait for 0.17. The IVA update looks promising, I'm really looking forward to accidently kill my kerbonauts in the first person.

I know I should not speculate on this, but I wonder when will be released the new update, in this month? KSP is a very addictive game, and I just can not wait :), besides, I would like to see these new scenarios. I also hope that there will be new parts. Recently I tried to build a space shuttle, which was modeled on the U.S Space Shuttle., with a default part, but unfortunately it did not work out because my space shuttle at an altitude of about 20 km, tilt back, finally ending in uncontrolled spin.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/20127-Problem-with-space-shuttle

I'm not sure that's really the place for this question. But I suppose It does apply indirectly to the new update because it will have CoM, CoS and CoD indicators. You could try going closer to the real space shuttle. The large fuel tank has no rockets on it. There's the mains on the shuttle, which take a fuel feed directly from the large tank, not from the shuttle itself. Then there's the solid boosters (they're larger and last longer than the ones we have now, it will be good when we get modular ones) on the outside that burn right up until about 40-50 km I believe, and once the large fuel tank is out of fuel, the main engines wont work anymore, just the small radial thrusters will, which should be staged after the mains.

Any plans to add MFD diplay like orbiter ? Some kind of touchscreen that can be coded in c# like a part ?

Something like this :

255838505_3fc3b55a20.jpg

I think it's a must have for adding extra fonctionality easly to the IVA cockpit without modeling. It can also be used by a lot of modder to integrate their own interface.

Without that we are stuck with a basic panel. So we will continue to use the old "ugly" interface for mechjeb, fuel transfer, isamapsat, etc..

I really hope that kind of MFD will be present in one of the next update !

I can not wait :)

I also have a suggestion for developers to be able to add a few asteroids and thermonuclear warheads, they could also make kerbonaut who looks like Bruce Willis

astronautwillis.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1331585039847

If you knew what i mean :)

Edited by sal_vager
Added Spoiler Tags

I can not wait :)

I also have a suggestion for developers to be able to add a few asteroids and thermonuclear warheads, they could also make kerbonaut who looks like Bruce Willis

astronautwillis.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1331585039847

If you knew what i mean :)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they said they are NEVER adding weapons. :P

Back on topic, I'm curious as to what EVA'ing on another planet will be like.

Edited by sal_vager
Added Spoiler Tags

Someone might start a Mk3 thread and people would ask the same things as in here, but threads like this only have life as long as they stay on topic, maybe it's time this thread had a dignified end instead of being left to rot.

Okay people, can you give this thread a suitable high note to end on?

Has it occurred to anyone that EVA on Eve will be mind-numbingly slow? If I recall correctly, a Kerbal's walking speed is affected by the gravity of the body that it's walking on. If so, is it even worth it to go on an EVA?

Additionally, will this mean that the lighter ladder will not function on Eve? The kerbals will still have the same mass, of course, but their weight might go beyond the tolerances prescribed.

That's true.

Another thing: Do you guys really think this thread is still necessary? There aren't new topics and the old ones are just repeating themselves over and over again...

As fractals, but how beautiful they are ;-) such small irony

By the way, I'm not a mathematician had just watched a program about fractals on Discovery Channel ;-)