[1.3.1] Aviation Lights v3.14 [use MOARdV's version instead!]

BigNose

not sure if it's just me or what, but when I was trying to fit the navs onto wingtips, I could not attach them to the end of a precise-rotated delta wing panel - it attached where the end of the wing ought to have been, if it were rotated on 90* increment and the wing was tilted upwards one tick

for an idea: auto-coloring red and green lights, if the game will let you query the symmetry side, because getting them lined up can be tricky. also, you might want to reduce the weight and drag values - 0.1 drag is HUGE on a small aircraft.

you might want to reduce the weight and drag values - 0.1 drag is HUGE on a small aircraft.

Agree with Hyratel, I added your lights so that I could light up my stations and put warning lights on my decoupled stages for them to be seen better. Having a lot of these lights adds a lot to drag and wastes fuel. Looks and feeling is ok. Just need to remember to put them on the first stage and not the re-entry one.

@maxpanic:

I also noticed that some time ago. Sadly, I've no idea how to fix that, and it's really a minor thingy. Normally the sequence should be "OFF" -> "INT" -> "ON" in this order.

Your docking problem however seems odd for me. In my game, the lights stay on, even when they are on decoupled parts.

@ TheCardinal:

Thanks for the positive feedback! :D

However, flashing arrows or illuminated signs are not the way I want to go with this mod. Nevertheless nice ideas there, you should consider adapting this mod for this purpuse, but respect the license!

@Hyratel:

Tip: place the wing completly horizontal/vertical first, attach the lights and then move it into position. That way you don't have to bother with the snap-to-angles stuff.

Your auto-coloring navlights thing sounds good, but I have NO IDEA how that should be possible... However, I'm a not very experienced modder, so there might be a way.

Also, the drag of the lights is 0.001, not 0.1, so your argument is invalid! :P

Edited by BigNose

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Many thanks to Youtube-User "katateochi" for sharing his awesome kerbal nightclub with us! :D (Video can be found in the first post)

Thanks for putting my vid in your OP!! Well Pleased!!! :) :)

I made a follow up vid with the club on Mun and the mad missions to get it and the clubbers out there.

@katateochi amazing :) lol

actualy parts are not emit lights ? if you look that little parts they are not get any light effect on them when they turns on...(actualy lazor mod's colored crystals emitting more light than these when they are on its owns... :( i mean look at mecjeb part wich have green and red light on itself thats the effect im looking for... is there any way to implament that effect to this ones?

lightk.jpg

and any way to adding flashing thingys on them like this one ;

Edited by ashrutoraman

@ashrutoraman:

You're right, that's one thing which always bothered me with this. I will eventually find a way to change the texture of the part when it's emitting, like the mechjeb and lazor mods do, but at the moment there are two problems:

1.) I need to learn how to do it from pretty much the beginning, because my knowledge about coding is very basic. This is takes time...

2.) I just started studying 'Mechanical Engineering' (B. Eng) at the University of Applied Sciences in Flensburg, Germany two weeks ago. I have no time...

But thanks for pointing that out, I like to see people think the same way I do! :D

''request''

bignose pls find a way to replace textures when they turn on/off :) copy/paste from mecjeb steal code do all illegal things :P painting textures to more lighter not helps :P

Sorry, but I'm not working on the Addon for the moment, as I said before, I just started my study of mechanical engineering here in northern Germany (Flensburg).

I've close to nil free time for the next weeks, but I will eventually get back to working on the lights.

• 2 weeks later...

I was having issues trying to get them to turn on. Then I figured out that they have to be staged at the lowest point and that stage activated for them to turn on. The "Check staging" instruction eventually pointed me in the right direction but it is a little vague.

All in all, thanks muchly for the lights! :D

Edited by Maddmatts

The way this mod displayed its lights always bothered me, so I played around with the plugin to make it work like how I always wanted it to.

In the released mod, when you put a light on something the light will light all the surfaces around it, but not the surface it's mounted on. This is because the light came from the part itself. It's so close it didn't have any room to light the surface it was mounted on. I also changed the light colors slightly, as they were too "digital." Meaning, the lights were pure white (255, 255, 255) or pure red (255, 0, 0) and so on. These colors do not happen naturally so I tweaked the lights to be a little softer.

Here are some comparison shots. Pay special attention to the lights that are on the tops of the wings, and the top/bottom of the fuselage. They now light up the fuselage correctly.

I don't know what the rights or whatever are for modifying other people's stuff. If this is fine, then I'll upload it and link it.

Old

DnZBN.jpg

Updated

Kob2D.jpg

Old

R4yzR.png

Updated

VXoDs.png

Edited by Why485

Great job Why485, this indeed looks epic! The Addon is licensed under a Creative Commons License, please look it up on the first post. As long as you state the author, you can do whatever you want with it.

Edited by BigNose

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to change the timing on these lights? The strobe 'on time' is too long. It should be a very quick flash.

EDIT:

Ok I see I can change the interval, but is it possible to change the on and off times independent from each other?

Edited by Blaylock1988

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.