0.17 Update Video

RayneCloud

Several notes apart from IVA:

1st. Game lags badly even on dev's rig :sticktongue: That gives us a hope that lags will be fixed someday...

2nd. Isn't it a new skybox?! :0.0: Gosh I'm scared))

3nd. C7's totally crazy pilot :D

1st. Game lags badly even on dev's rig :sticktongue: That gives us a hope that lags will be fixed someday...

As a note, that's not even remotely bad lag...not sure what game you're playing Tosh, :)

The game is lagging at times because I'm running it in editor which is very slow, in addition it actually renders the scene twice, once in the scene view with the development widgets and information (level editor) and another time in the game view that you're seeing. On top of that I'm running screen capture software and the screen I'm running the game on is actually my secondary GPU, not my primary. I generally get several times the performance in a build as opposed to running things in the editor of unity. It doesn't help I'm running 3ds max, photoshop, an svn client, etc in the background. The performance is much better then it appears in the video.

Also, it was indeed filmed in the development environment. (hence the hiccups during the video).

As a note, that's not even remotely bad lag...not sure what game you're playing Tosh, :)
You'd better ask on what computer :P
Also, it was indeed filmed in the development environment. (hence the hiccups during the video).
Heh; when watching the video I was about to attribute those hiccups to loading, uh, things you have lying all around the runway :). Those spikes can really screw the final approach up... and just increase the number of, err, 'unmanned vessels' scattered in vicinity. Edited by Tosh

OHHHH i wanna see the night sky sooooo bad right now.

(and did you always have temperatures already implemented? cause i see in the top right that it displays the temperature out side.

Anyway this is amazing. Give us more sneak peaks ;)

Oh my, this is beautiful! (well I'm mostly talking about the sky and Kerbol, since textures aren't done yet :P)

I think I'll love flying spaceplanes in cockpit view, as controlling the camera can be tricky at times. By the way, I saw a question about TrackIR, but I'd also want to ask about an ArmA-like look around feature: by pressing a button, moving the mouse rotates the camera, and releasing it puts it back in the center. I find it to be a good alternative to head tracking.

Wow.

Once this goes live i will buy a joystick again.

Okay who am I kidding - most likely it will be a gamepad because of the higher GAF*

*Girlfirend Acceptance Factor

This is crazy exciting. But why isn't this in the development thread? No wonder it has so few views...

Where else do I have to hunt for sneak peeks at 0.17?

This is in the development thread. But most of the sneak peaks have been in the 0.17 Discussion thread in General Discussion. Nova has put a few there.