0.17 Update Video

RayneCloud

As one who has played flight sims in the past, first person will especially make sense for flying aircraft. Maybe not so much spacecraft, but flying an aircraft in first person is a lot more intuitive than third person.

I dunno, I'd be pretty stoked seeing some of my space craft launches from the inside.

I don't understand why you all want more focus on planes. There are so many plane simulators out there.

I just hope, they will not focus on this too much. KerbalSP is about rockets and a golden age of space exploring. This 1st person cockpit view is great (However, it fits the whole game concept and style like me and my ex-gf) but still there are many far more important things to do.

To me, it looks like you put an arrow in your own knee in the very beginning. You could sell it as an addon later (Kerbal Space Program: High Fly!) or something. I mean, building the planes.

I just hope, they will not focus on this too much. KerbalSP is about rockets and a golden age of space exploring. This 1st person cockpit view is great (However, it fits the whole game concept and style like me and my ex-gf) but still there are many far more important things to do.

To me, it looks like you put an arrow in your own knee in the very beginning. You could sell it as an addon later (Kerbal Space Program: High Fly!) or something. I mean, building the planes.

agree. .

.... OR, you could just be happy for what you get, and let them get on with it. I am perfectly happy waiting for the next update, and fiddling with the ships (and the view) when it happens.

Too many people are up in arms about some of the changes coming with the .17 update. My opinion?

DEAL WITH IT. the KSP dev team will do with the game whatever they darn well please to. Don't like it? go to another game.

thats a terrible idea, but I do agree with you somewhat. I did prefer building rockets than messing about in the lower atmosphere with those weedy air breathing engines, however actual SPACE planes are something that should definitely be considered in the future, right now I have a stock plane with rocket tanks and aerospikes that gets to the mun (and probably back to if it hadnt imploded randomly in 10km orbit), you would be amazed at how far you can get in one.

As a note, that's not even remotely bad lag...not sure what game you're playing Tosh, :)

I wanted to laugh, but I can't ... 0.16 has lagged really bad for me, to the point where it leaks memory so badly it crashes after about 4 gigs of working RAM in use.

What exactly are you doing to get those crashes devogen? I haven't had many crashes in 0.16, and most of those have been attributable to doing really stupid things. The latest was making a 7000km long launch clamp, which broke, sending me flying at 2000x the speed of light spinning on a 7000km long spoke. The game crashed when I tried to EVA from that ship.

I do get lag with very large ships, but I understand thats to be expected...

• 2 weeks later...
What exactly are you doing to get those crashes devogen? I haven't had many crashes in 0.16, and most of those have been attributable to doing really stupid things. The latest was making a 7000km long launch clamp, which broke, sending me flying at 2000x the speed of light spinning on a 7000km long spoke. The game crashed when I tried to EVA from that ship.

I do get lag with very large ships, but I understand thats to be expected...

Well, it seems it is all my fault :)

Too many mods, too many old mods.. I will simply stick to 0.17 compatible parts from now on. I'm just glad we get to use this simulator/game while its in development. Go back a couple of decades, you never got to see anything until it was practically complete... so I'm really enjoying these updates coming out, they add and refine so much everytime. I hope they enjoy the same success as other people that did a similar development model like minecraft. I tired of that after a few months, KSP just keeps me wanting more, it's fantastic.