[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

There does seem to be a problem when targeting a craft that is stationary on the surface. I am building a Munnar outpost and it seems to crash when setting target when already in stable Munnar orbit but not every time. Anyway, here's my output log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4-WlUbfD8XbeWNQSmJ3d01uWTg/view?usp=sharing 

Hopefully the link works...

(Great mod btw, cant imagine playing the game without it, Thank you very much for your work!)

1 hour ago, plunk said:

There does seem to be a problem when targeting a craft that is stationary on the surface. I am building a Munnar outpost and it seems to crash when setting target when already in stable Munnar orbit but not every time. Anyway, here's my output log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4-WlUbfD8XbeWNQSmJ3d01uWTg/view?usp=sharing 

Hopefully the link works...

(Great mod btw, cant imagine playing the game without it, Thank you very much for your work!)

A copy of the savefile just before you set the target (assuming it's mostly stock) and a description of exactly how you are setting the target would be helpful.  The only issue I can see in your log is a bit of log spam that appears to be coming from the core KSP orbit rendering code...

37 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

So the one thing I seem to be missing the most is the inclination of a maneuver. I want to be able to set the inclination to 0 so I have a perfectly equatorial orbit, but since there doesn't seem to be such a number it's a bit of a crabshoot.

Maneuvers don't have an inclination.  To get to a zero inclination just create a maneuver at either the AN or DN and adjust it, checking the AN/DN on the predicted orbit.  Alternatively, there is a relative inclination in the rendezvous section though this may require a target to function (I don't remember off-hand and can't try it right now).

50 minutes ago, Padishar said:

Maneuvers don't have an inclination.  To get to a zero inclination just create a maneuver at either the AN or DN and adjust it, checking the AN/DN on the predicted orbit.  Alternatively, there is a relative inclination in the rendezvous section though this may require a target to function (I don't remember off-hand and can't try it right now).

Checking the AN/DN on the predicted orbit only works to align yourself with the orbit of the target, once the AN/DN says 0 you're aligned. If your target isn't the Mun or Ike, it's not going to get you into an equatorial orbit. I personally find it hard to believe that once you've made a maneuver that there isn't a number somewhere telling you what the inclination the target orbit has to the parent body, because if it isn't relative to the parent body, there's no way of determining of you're in an equatorial orbit. That number has to be in there somewhere.

At first I thought perhaps the Angle to Prograde/Retrograde could be used, but I can't for the life of me figure those out either.

12 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

That number has to be in there somewhere.

Yes, you're right, I was mis-remembering, you only get the AN and DN when you have a target.  "That number", like the post-burn Ap and Pe, is readily available so it should be pretty trivial to add a "Post-burn Inclination" readout...

I'm using 1.1.2.4p really don't think I'd play KSP without KER -thanks guys!

I noticed that the target selection functionality - with all the buttons for different craft types - hasn't been updated with buttons for the new craft types (Relay, Plane). Is this in the works for the release version?

Hello there, let me first say, thank yo so much for this great mod and all the hard work you are doing on it.  I, personally, appreciate this mod so much, I love it.

I'm playing on 1.2 on OSX currently and have followed all previous instruction to install the working dev version.  I am noticing some of these bugs you all are speaking of here but I am also experiencing one that I haven't seen anyone comment on.
Basically, I can't close ANY of kER's windows, if I try, they replicate.  If I try and move them, they replicate, if I select any settings in the window of KER in one of the buildings (VAB&SPH), it replicates.  While I haven't tried replicating any one window more than once, turning off KER in game seems to close the replicated window while the other remains, so I left it at that.  This occurs both in SPH and VAB but also in flight too.

I am, by no means, a programmer or can even claim to understand most of what I'm looking at but the KSP log file seems to be pretty normal with nothing unusual sticking out about KER, seemingly...perhaps I can't see what you might.  I would be delighted to upload a copy of my log file for you but I am trying to figure out how to do that, stand by.

4 hours ago, ShiningCat said:

Basically, I can't close ANY of kER's windows, if I try, they replicate.  If I try and move them, they replicate, if I select any settings in the window of KER in one of the buildings (VAB&SPH), it replicates.  While I haven't tried replicating any one window more than once, turning off KER in game seems to close the replicated window while the other remains, so I left it at that.  This occurs both in SPH and VAB but also in flight too.

This sounds very strange.  I don't recall anyone reporting such a problem before and the only likely way of something like this happening is if another mod is having a problem which is upsetting the core game and/or KER.  Do you have other mods installed?

Log files can be uploaded to any file sharing website, e.g. DropBox, Google Drive, etc., and a link posted here.  It may also be helpful to see a screenshot or two of this issue occurring.  These can be uploaded to somewhere like Imgur and again a link can be pasted here.

That sounds like it could be related to the id given to each GUI window. Windows with the same id can run into all sorts of weird behavior, though I'm not really sure how that would happen, maybe someone setting up a random number generator the same way?

Yes, I do have some mods installed, just a few.
Ambient Light Adjuster

Chatterer

Lights Out

Navhud

Portrait Stats

And then I have Vanguard Technologies EVA parachutes and a little tweak to get ISRU's to produce Xenon gas.

Later tonight I could systematically check each mod to see if one of them is affecting KER.  I also will try and get an online file share setup tonight so I can send you my log file.

Right, don't get me wrong, this isn't a request to get KER updated to 1.2, I just want to admit one thing: I haven't even played KSP 1.2 yet because my favourite mod isn't updated fully yet :( So, this is my way to saying "Thanks" to all those working on this mod, and @cybutek for developing it in the first place. And I still don't understand why this mod isn't stock and Cybutek hasn't been paid a gazillion moneys for it. :P

45 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Can you tell me where and how to? =P 

That's the link for the latest version. Extract it and put the Kerb engineer folder in gamedata like normal (remove the old one first). You may want to copy the settings folder over to keep your settings aswell.

1 hour ago, Torih said:

That's the link for the latest version. Extract it and put the Kerb engineer folder in gamedata like normal (remove the old one first). You may want to copy the settings folder over to keep your settings aswell.

Thanks!

Also I Cant Seem To Get The Stats To Come Up In Flight.

Im In Career Mode, Are There Any Settings I Need To Change?

Just now, Mark Kerbin said:

Thanks!

Also I Cant Seem To Get The Stats To Come Up In Flight.

Im In Career Mode, Are There Any Settings I Need To Change?

You either need to put one of the 2 parts on each craft, or set it as partless in the options. Click the settings button on KER in the VAB

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.