Silly MechJeb question: ASAS related

MrBailey

Hi all.

I've recently downloaded MechJeb and am getting the hang of it (KSP .16)

With all the parts that came with MechJeb, a little confusion sets in. Do I still need to add an ASAS if I have one of the various MechJeb modules on my ship?

i.e. I am using one of the MechJeb parts that looks like a SAS/ASAS part...so is adding a ASAS part redundant?

Thanks for the input.

Mr Bailey

Edited by MrBailey

I believe that if you only have the MechJeb module on your ship the ASAS function cannot be controlled with the stock ASAS shortcut key(s). But if you use the A.S.S MechJeb function and select kill rotation it is effectively the same as the the stock ASAS. Sometimes I put both because I like the keyboard shortcuts, but it's really up to you.

I wondered the same thing when I got mechjeb. Basically the short answer is no.

but

there is a "Smart A.S.S" feature that has a similar function. This feature give you a list of headings (like normal and anti-normal for changing eccentricity, prograde and retrograde useful for landing or changing apoapsis and periapsis)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.