? Trouble with .17 download????

cocomoe1002

So today i came home from school and i found out that KSP relaesed .17!!!!!

So i re-loaded the pages over and over again and then i finally got the patcher downloaded!

So it downloaded and at this moment its bin going on for about 2-3 hours now???? am i doing it write. It is saying (Update Progress): Aplying Patch may take some time?

So ive been waiting for 3 hours now and is there something wrong????

Yeah its taking me awhile to. The downloading part was fast but is there a reason this is so slow?

Most likely because their servers couldn't handle the amount of people who were on the forums and who were wanting to download it. Same reason for why the took down the full download and replaced it with the patcher.

Guest themakut

Same problem here. Except I downloaded the full 367mb. And guess what? When I try restarting the patcher, it downloads the SAME FILES all over again. It doesn't even store them on my hard drive for later use. Broken patcher.

ManCan, The full file size should be 398 MB. Your download got dropped by the server, and your browser thought it got the whole file. Such things happen when the server one is downloading from is overloaded like this. I suggest you try again.

Squad's servers just got wanged, hard. It's not unusual for indie developers to encounter this. Interest in their game may explode because of certain events (in this case, a mob of users trying to get their hands on the juicy new release), and the server gets bogged-down. It's not like it's supported by a big network of backups and alternates like EA. :P (A similar thing happened at Kerberos Productions when the first SotS suddenly gained a much larger audience because of a spotlight or interview or something...forget what. Their forums were down for several days as a result.)

Just wait for things to settle-down. The patcher is new; there are likely to be kinks, not the least of which is the server is hard to reach right now.

For me the problem was that the patcher didnt download the whole file. I started patcher and walked away, last thing i remember it being on like 100mb then in 5 min it was applying patch. I stopped the process at the 2 hour mark. Then redid the patcher, after 10 cant connect errors (i strongly think it was because servers are bogged down), and after that i kept attempting.... 3times i got it to start downloading but the thing would start applying patch at 45mb, then 78mb, then 250mb (Boy did the 250mb one drive me insane) . In the end approximately 30 trys or so 4 hours of attempting i got the thing to give me the game. So persistence is what you guys need, just keep trying. its kinda like hat with the forum too, i have to keep opening 1 link in several tabs to get one to show.

For a dev: The devs need to update the patcher to see if the total amount downloaded is really downloaded before it starts applying patch, if it had that simple feature it would have not wasted a couple hours of my time. My hope would be for it to either fail quickly or to just work. It appearing to work and it failing hours later is kinda frustrating.

The patcher may have been worked on, but to be honest, im kinda feeling like its on the same level with the 15.2 patcher... it just requires my time to try to to figure out whats going on and to fix it. if i were to recommend something it would be to "ease" into the patcher and get the bugs worked out before its put as the main down loader on the site.

This is all alpha though, i have no hard feelings, and im glad to finally have the game. Devs did a pretty good job. That sky is beautiful!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.