Single Stage to Duna!

trbinsc

That's right, I've done it! I've created a rocket that can travel to duna in one stage. It was pretty difficult, I almost didn't have enough fuel to make my mid-course corrections, but I managed to do it!

Album: http://imgur.com/a/uJol5#0

It's pretty long, but the majority of it is EDL

Edited by trbinsc

hmm... seems rather small fuel supply for an interplanetary voyage. I'm skeptical. you didn't use any fuel glitches or cheats?

If you did do it legitly, great job! you should make a video of it next time.

ps: you have about 2,000 extra unnecessary pics in that album :wink:

Nope, no exploits or cheats here. All I did was get to about a 42º phase angle between kerbin and duna, wait till sunrise, launch, and cut the throttle on intercept. After that, I did about 4 mid-course corrections to bring my periapsis inside of Duna's atmosphere. Also, I'm aware that the album is huge, I'll condense a lot of the images into a GIF later.

Ok, I was sceptical, but it is indeed possible. I was sloppy with my course corrections, but I *did* manage to intercept Duna with this ship, though I slammed into the surface and died due to lack of fuel. Very, very nice job, mate!

hmm... seems rather small fuel supply for an interplanetary voyage. I'm skeptical. you didn't use any fuel glitches or cheats?

If you did do it legitly, great job! you should make a video of it next time.

ps: you have about 2,000 extra unnecessary pics in that album :wink:

Just fast press next and you have simple animation

How do you get the tertiary purple course indicator on your map? I ever only have the yellow secondary.

Open your settings.cfg file in Notepad and change PATCH_CONIC_DRAW_LIMIT to 3. You can even change it to four or five and get red and green ones on top of the blue yellow and purple ones. :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.